No Spark

WallerZ

Just got back from zachs. Wiring all looks good, and all continuity checked out fine.

Engine turns over fine but no spark.

Definitely power to coil.

Loom and Ecu are out of a car other than the donor and so IMO are an unknown quantity, though Zach was assured they were off a running car.

I'm stumped

Thanks again mate for coming to check.

Loom appears to be in good nick with everything else working, I will see if I can get the ECU tested/checked at an MX5 place nearby, see if that can be ruled out or shown to be the case.

Any other suggestions are welcome. Hopefully it can be solved quickly so myself and Stuart aren't kept awake at night thinking about it!

Just to close this thread out...theduck was in fact spot on in finding that thread. (Great big thank you mate!)

I swapped my MAF for a new one (£30 of ebay second hand tested and working - beats brand new at £450!!!) Anyway, plugged it in and off we go! Sparks flew straight away. Problem solved! Just got to plumb in the coolant and we'll be ready for an engine test!

Cheers for the help all :)

I must admit, a little jump cheer and maybe an embarrassing dance occurred, but no one saw so its ok ;)

If I had all the parts it would be finished ready to be checked pre-IVA to catch the obvious stuff by the end of next weekend. Alas, I am waiting on GBS for a time frame for the handbrake kit :/ I don't think you need one but the IVA seem to think you do?! Madness. Anyway, I plan to call them later to find out an estimated time for completion before looking elsewhere for someone to make/adapt the MX5 handbrake assembly. Looking like my ambitious build time is not so crazy after all! :crazy:

Getting some 90 degree bends this week to help get it in, should be done by the weekend. I started it up Monday night to reverse it into the garage (I couldn't resist any longer lol) silencer on but left the lambda out and shook the flats down haha! Won't idle, just cuts out, but will hold if the revs are kept up. Lambda was wired in last night and going to get the coolant sorted asap, with along with a bit more fuel in the tank. Hopefully it's nothing major to sort out and just a simple thing to get the idle smooth :)