Subk To Wishbones

Guest sevenfan

Guest sevenfan

Hi all

As title says, can upgrade the front suspension of a SubK chassis to a wishbones? Is the subk front suspension good for track use?

Best regards

David

• 2 weeks later...
Guest chris brown

Yes it can be converted to wishbones, GBS used to be able to either supply a kit for you to fit. Need to be a decent welder as you are taking your life in your hands. They also did the conversation and may still do give them a call and ask.

As for using a sub-k on track, yes lots do and have great fun but remember the whole range of 2B derivatives were designed as touring cars and as such are rather heavy to be competitive on the track

Hi

I had a sub K and in std trim was not that great (under steer) softening the front anti roll bar helped along with uprated bushes, , improved its road manners but I never tracked it. Standar suspension Geometry seems reasonable under compression, with camber being fairly consistent but damping options are limited.

No reason why wishbones couldn't be fitted that I can think of tho'

Cheers

Tony.R

gbsc quote me in the region of £1k to supply and carry out the wishbone conversion, which for the work involved I didn't think was bad.

ended up doing it myself though and got a friend from work to weld it.

the full kit, with all the brackets, wishbones and shocks was about £500

Guest sevenfan

Thanks for your answers. The car is now all dismanted and is the correct moment to do the conversion, if it finally do, but i don't have any detailed pics of the wishbones section. I can do the work for myself, but i don´t wan´t to waste a lot of time. Any suggestion would be more apreciated.

Best regards

• 1 month later...
Guest sevenfan

Hi again

Mower man, tie bar mod? My english is bad and don't understand what are you talking about. Any pic?

If anybody done this conversion, please share your impressions.

Best regards

Guest mower man

Hi again

Mower man, tie bar mod? My english is bad and don't understand what are you talking about. Any pic?

If anybody done this conversion, please share your impressions.

Best regards

there are anumber of people on here that have done the tie bar modification if you would like details please pm your addressand I 'll post you photos parts list and info to do it ,there is alittle machining but 90% is hand tools and patience ,no welding! ,if you prep properly it's a weekend job . This all free and is possibly the best mod I have done to my car ,ihave run this for a number of years as have others ,feel free to get intouch mower man :clapping:

• 4 months later...
Guest sevenfan

Hi again

I ordered since February, 19 the wishbone kit and other bits, like the rear shoks conversion to GBS guy called Will Randall. He told me that he mails me a number of expedition of my order when it´s will be ready. I sent a couple of mails asking for my order with no response. Will tolds me a couple of parts must be fabricated for me and takes some time, but i think it´s excessive, and more excessive without an explication to me. My spoken level of english it´s no good to get a phone conversation with GBS. Any advice? Can anybody ask for my order, please? Best regards

Guest Tim Norman

Basically the same. Only therear is different. The SubK had thinner tubes at the rear whereas the 2b/04 uses the same diameter tube throughout,