Interior Mildew And Mould

Pete Mar

Gent’s

I am about to fit my interior to my Zero and I was wondering if anyone had a suggestion on how to protect against mould. I am worried as I have alcantra dash and tunnel top and carpeted floor, sides and tunnel walls. My Garage is not attached to the house and does get a bit damp in the winter.

I would like to try to avoid running a heater in their all over the winter as that is expensive so any suggestions would be very helpful.

Is it a big problem or am I worringing about nothing?

Cheers

Pete

I would like to try to avoid running a heater in their all over the winter as that is expensive so any suggestions would be very helpful.

Solution:-

Tax it for 12 months rather than 6 months, and take it out once a week on dry days - that'll cure any mildew build up

Guest chris brown

Use it is the way it's great on a brisk winters day, wear gloves and a hat. You will find the engine runs better in cold wether and is as much fun as in the summer.

Agree, either keep it in a garage uncovered and roof off or keep it taxed and drive it when you can.

Avoid things like tumble dryers unless it vents to outside or is a condenser and gas or paraffin heaters as they produce moisture too

Thanks Gents,

I like the idea of taxing it all year round and driving it. I've been an all weather biker for years so taking the car will not be a problem.

Seems that a well ventilated area with no heat source will fend it off as well. Q

Thanks for the advice.

Pete

Search online for a "marine" dehimidifier. They are designed to be OK in sub-zero temperatures (but not exactly sure whether it is doing much in "defrost" mode). I run mine from 8am-2pm during winter, and when it is really damp and foggy outside, it is drier inside.

-steve