S6 Barrel Back Rework

Guest Sames69

Guest Sames69

I started modifing my s6 few weeks ago and thought i would share what progress i have made so null_zps85fa75a2.png

null_zps809d24bb.jpg

null_zps72cc951d.jpg

This is what it started off looking like when i got the car.

I first want a quick tidy up so i gave the blue pannels a lick of paint and put some stripes on the nose cone to get a rough idea what it would look like.

null_zpsea47ed73.jpg

I was happy so far. But the screen did not suit my taste so i tuk a angry grinder to it and removed it.

null_zps8f21c383.jpg

null_zps896b5494.jpg

null_zpsed8ce06c.jpg

Then i looked at the rear end and although i like the barrel back i thought the wheel and cage did not do it justice. So out came the angry grinder again!!

null_zpsc330c854.jpg

Before

null_zpsde8df1c8.jpg

After

I have cut the bars i removed in half and will be re using them. They will be coming off the top bar and they will sit vertical and go though the back end around half way down the back. No pics yet as not got that far yet.

Guest Sames69

A friend of mine had a new scuttle and bonnet rolled for me. I went for split hinged bonnet and a rounded scuttle in aluminium.

First they made a template to see if it would clear everything under the bonnet.

null_zpsef4ada08.jpg

Then a week later it arrived!!

null_zpsa3e3a307.jpg

Started fitted the scuttle and fitted the hinge today.

null_zps47dcf3eb.jpg

null_zps3cd9c37f.jpg

Not quite there yet but few more hours over the next few days and it will be there.

You might notice the little bolts holding the bonnet and scuttle but these will be changed for black rivets when it has been for paint.

I have loads of new parts yet to be fitted e.g. New solid wishbones, new coil overs, mirrors, head lights the list goes on. I bought a few windscreens but none fit so will be going for areo screen. Will post as the weeks go on to show my progress.

This might not be to everyones taste but it is mine. I feel the idea of a kit car is to build/change it to suit the builder.

I might of posted this in the wrong area on this sight. Sorry if it is but new to these sort of sights.

Thanks for looking.

To be continuned!!!!!

This might not be to everyones taste but it is mine. I feel the idea of a kit car is to build/change it to suit the builder.

I live by that rule! hence the picnic bench across the rear of my boot (also refered to as a spoiler - let the laughter begin....come-on mark, Dan, I'm waiting...:).)

I love the color scheme and you've done a cracking job so far! I'm looking forward to see it progress over the winter!

Guest Sames69

Thanks for the replies. I was indending on putting mesh in the scuttle. I will be going for the areo screen. Will this make a differance? I did not know about high pressure areas. But now you say it it does make sence. Any ideas were a good spot would be for the vents? Dont really wnt louver's not that kean on the look of them.

I was going to change the wheels. Not my taste. They are for sale on here if anybody is interested.

Cheers

• 1 month later...
Guest Sames69

74822A4C-B86E-4A02-A280-0CBEE8ED124B_zpsipee54uw.jpg

Started on the interior. Fitted new carpet and made template for the dash. Did not want a flat basic dash.

1B67A50D-AAA5-4C49-9E94-32B5E6384DB5_zpsvrvcvqdf.jpg

8CD1D2CE-8C5A-4171-B8D8-76867EA6909F_zpsmppdwxyu.jpg

Gave the dash a coat of resin ready to be flocked.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Sames69

Got the car back from the body shop. Going back in couple of weeks for the stripes. Dont know weather to have one stripe with a small stripe either side or just 2 stripes???

BFF89990-36E4-409E-BBAD-BC178E6B6B96_zpsyuzrvwhr.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Sames69

83BEC7E7-7081-4EE4-AE0D-FCA6D9A3209E_zps2nglglry.jpg

After removing the rocker cover and finding a kent cam(KC RL21) i think the car will be needing a vernior pulley?? Does anybody have one knockong around that would be up for sale?

I also found the cam followers had no retaining springs on at all, and i guess the (""mechanic"") who put the engine together adjusted them so that there was bo play in the followers!! All sorted now. New springs fitted and adjusted correctly.

Rebuilt the carb to find it had been dropped and the casting was damaged and the choke plate shaft was bent. All sorted.

Think i will be stripping the engine down at later date to check the so called rebuild it had just befor i got it. Who knows what il find. Going by what i have seen so far i will be re doing every bit of it.