Boiler Fitting Cost

Les Welsher

After 27 years after fitting a vaillant combi boiler the time has come to change it for a new one.

The new boiler I want is about £1200 inc vat , this will be fitted in the same place as the old boiler.

The gas pipe needs changing from 15mm to 22mm for about 15ft under the floorboards in the bathroom and down the wall into the kitchen. I also want a fernox filter, new room thermostat and timer. All the radiators are staying as i have changed them and fitted thermostatic valves since I originally fitted. I've been given a quote of £2400 which I think is a bit on the high side for the work that needs to be done.

I know there are a few people on here that do this sort of thing so I was looking their opinions as to what I should be looking at paying.

Les

hi les the estimate that you have had sounds about wright for a boiler to be fitted correctly and registered people see the price of a boiler and think it can be fitted for 150 quid I would love to be able to do it at that price id have work seven days a week but because of the high costs involved in being gas registered and running a van and pli insurance and all the tools required to fit the boiler to manufactures instructions and commission it correctly so that the warranty isn't voided these are hidden costs that people just don't consider !!!!! sorry ranting again !!!!

Guest Ian & Carole

We have just had a new Worcester boiler fitted along with new stats on all the upstairs radiators and new main thermostat in the lounge.

1 1/2 days to fit £1900.00 all in with 5 year warranty.

Well chuffed with that and a spotless job to boot.

We've recently had a Vaillant fitted, in a new position, with upstairs and downstairs zoning with wireless controls. Hot water tank was removed and pipework re-routed. 2 and a half days to do the work and less than 3 grand.

The boiler we've had fitted is the same as the 1 in 1 of the fitters houses, which he chose.

HTH

Nick

Guest peter2b2002

when we had a new lobby built (single story 4mtrs x 3 mtrs) they moved our 2 year old Worcester boiler into it, plumbed it in 6k for the lot + I got over 150 for the scrap pipe work

peter2b

• 3 weeks later...