Rust Pit Marks

Guest oshiney2

Guest oshiney2

hi guys i was out in the garage the other day the car has been in there and not cleaned for three wks my mate whiz noticed 2/3 rust pit marks what's the best way to get rid of them if any ??

If its stainless not much apart from normal car wax. Dont use anything abrasive.

Althought it is called stainless, it is very low grade. It is magnetic for a start.

Dont leave it dirty at this time of year....any salts on the road will leave blemishes on the surface.

The stainless is a Ferritic stainless which means it has a high ferrous content and is therefore magnetic and prone to the rust devils. Elbow grease to remove the rust spots and if youre SORNed for the winter a wipe over with a lightly oiled rag is a good idea. I mean the car not you! :crazy:

I've found that if you get any bits of metal dust/grinding dust on stainless the dust rusts and also seems to effect the stainless. My sink has a few rust marks from rusting metal dust. as said keep it clean and if you are filing/grinding near the car make sure its covered.

as for the links ... yeah virus check immediately. Your normal virus checker might not find it so you could try malwarebytes (there is a free version - just google it) which is really good for malware.

also have a look in 'add ons' as you might have picked up an add-on.

hth

Hi Obe,

the Vette looks a little different now. It has a new chassis tech'ed to 7.5 seconds for the 1/4 mile

The blower & carbs are gone, replaced by twin turbos & injection.

Weve changed classes for next year & we can now run slicks & methanol on track, but the car will remian street legal

with treaded tyres & petrol. We have a fancy ECU that can cope with the changes. Not sure if we can...!

BHP will be around 2300.

Roll on April...

Hi Obe,

the Vette looks a little different now. It has a new chassis tech'ed to 7.5 seconds for the 1/4 mile

The blower & carbs are gone, replaced by twin turbos & injection.

Weve changed classes for next year & we can now run slicks & methanol on track, but the car will remian street legal

with treaded tyres & petrol. We have a fancy ECU that can cope with the changes. Not sure if we can...!

BHP will be around 2300.

Roll on April...

thats one hell of a car!

Dans right that is one hell of a car. Where do you run it? I am not far from Santa Pod but have never got around to going there although I have thought about it enough times. Maybe next year.

When you say street legal are you not supposed to be able to see where you are going though! I dont think old bill would wear that for long around here. Dont suppose it matters that much if your street is dead straight and 1/4 mile long.