Clutch Release Bearing

tractor

Burtons or EBay

I believe its the Capri variant but you must check as there is some confusion on eBay regarding the numbers

I've seen CT 113 as well as CT133

Is it the release bearing with the thicker collar (8mm)

Edited by Snapperpaul

Can I add some clarification. The two common routes with Zetec E to type nine, usually use the zetec 1.8 flywheel. It can be mated to a zetec 1.8 pressure plate and diaphragm or can be drilled and used with a pinto plate and pinto diaphragm. The latter will take more power and is physically a thicker package. For the zetec package you use a quinton hazel bearing CCT133 and with the pinto clutch you use CCT132 bearing (the standard sierra 2.0L one). Quinton Hazel products can be ordered from any QH dealer.

If you use a lightened steel after market flywheel you will need to take advice from the its manufacturer. I suspect this is where a lot of conflicting advice comes from. After market flywheels may have different thicknesses or domes and place whatever diaphragm is used at a different distance from the back of the engine/front of the release fork. They may thus need different release bearings to the two mentioned above.

Don't forget there are also different release forks and possibly pivot spacers that get fitted to vary the distance.

On the principle of K.I.S.S. the first paragraph works.

Nigel

post-21-0-65708900-1388056854_thumb.jpg

due to nobody able to give me a definitive answer I now have both options to choose from the pinto clutch sounds better but to get it to work on the 1.8 flywheel you have to ignore the locating pins on the flywheel by doing that the pressure plate may not be central on the flyheel which concerns me

A proper engineer who understands what he is doing can drill your 1.8 zetec flywheel for a pinto pressure plate or supply one already drilled which will have the components centralised. I would suggest Retro-Ford who supplied my first one. If you are unhappy about this then use all 1.8 zetec components and the CCT133 bearing and accept a slightly lower torque limit of around 150. It does vary and some have no problem with a standard blacktop on TBs. Mine slipped a lot in 3rd and 4th if I was being aggressive with the clutch. Maybe I had a poor quality friction plate. (I now run lightened steel flywheel and uprated pinto clutch.)

Nigel

Guest alfaGTA

I went to my local motor factors, asked for QH CCT133 clutch release bearing.

They sourced me an equivalent one; Its a LUK release bearing reference number 500018410.

Cost £15ish.

Fitted to a 2.0 zetec engine with 1.8 zetec flywheel, 220mm 1.8 mondeo clutch and pressure plate also LUK branded (two piece kit from eurocarparts wasn't expensive after club discount and is lighter than the 240mm 2.0 mondeo gear-can't say if it slips or not as the build is not completed but with initial trials turning on the starter there are no issues with clutch engagement/release)

http://www.eurocarparts.com/ecp/c/Ford_Mondeo_1.8_1993/p/car-parts/car-transmission/clutch-and-associated-parts/clutch-kit/?641590560&1&27df1bf7b9fee7d64dbb9feafa54fd51a74c66f1&000069

I also used a pinto starter with 14mm spacers and re-used the pinto alternator with a multi v pully instead of the single v pully (retroford alternator mounting kit fitted no problem under a FastDan zx9r carb manifold.

Guest chrispine

when I wanted one Quinton Hazel didn't have one in stock, ordered one from GBS, quoted part number etc, told them exactly what I wanted, so they sent me the standard Sierra one...... eventually bit the bullet and ordered a 1600 Capri one from Ebay and it was the right one, cct133, I believe it was also fitted to the Sierra diesel.

Chris