5 Day Scottish Road Trip 19th April 2014

Guest alfaGTA

Guest alfaGTA

Quick head count and meet up locations for Day 1?

Myself @ Watnall, Junction 27 M1

Richard L @ Watnall, Junction 27 M1

Dan @ Alfreton, Junction 28 M1

Rob @ Chesterfield, Junction 29a M1

Simon @ Duckmanton, Junction 29a M1

Ozz @ Newark, Junction 29a M1

Ian @ Sheffield, Junction 30 or 31 M1

Peter 2B @ Ferrybridge services, Junction 33 A1(M)

Google maps suggests 1hr from Watnall to Ferrybridge but with several meet points along the way it will likely take two hours before everyone gets there to meet Peter? How does this suit everyone if I aimed for a 9am departure from Watnall?

Taking into consideration the suggestions for the 1st Day route how does this work from Ferrybridge to Falkirk?

http://goo.gl/maps/Pwbd9

The only caveat being that the Falkirk wheel visitor centre opens 11am to 4pm so will be closed when we arrive and closed when we depart for the highlands but the big lumps of concrete, steel and water will still be there.

Lunch and fuel stops TBC once we have settled on the route.

Route looks good. :)

What about instead of lots of meeting places. Just say either meet at Watnall or at Woodall Services (Just after J30). That way its one stop and should be on most of our routes. Should limit time lost stopping at several junctions.

I'll second that idea.

Anyone fancy a slightly more "scenic route" in Northumberland. I'll post a route later when I get home. Not too much further and we can drop back to the A road is the weather is pants.

Ian

Ian just to let you know that I cannot pass Seahouses without Fish and chips!

I've just gotta try not running into any relatives on the way through! I was born in Alnwick and lived in Amble.

Guest alfaGTA

Route looks good. :)

What about instead of lots of meeting places. Just say either meet at Watnall or at Woodall Services (Just after J30). That way its one stop and should be on most of our routes. Should limit time lost stopping at several junctions.

Watnall is too far southbound I think, Richard L is staying locally to me so we can meet the rest at Woodall and then merge with Peter at Ferrybridge for a quick snack and fuel top up.

Guest alfaGTA

I'll second that idea.

Anyone fancy a slightly more "scenic route" in Northumberland. I'll post a route later when I get home. Not too much further and we can drop back to the A road is the weather is pants.

Ian

Post us up a route Ian, had planned a fuel stop here (http://goo.gl/maps/kpl2v) so we all have full tanks, we'll be nearly dry if our last fuel stop is in Ferrybridge (http://goo.gl/maps/bylDy).

EDIT: Typing too slow, looks easily workable Ian just need a pit stop near Corbridge if you have local knowledge

Guest peter2b2002

ferrybridge services is spot on for me It will take me about 2 hrs to get there(165miles) any idea what time you will get to the services so that I can plan what time i get on the road

peter2b

Guest Ian & Carole

ferrybridge services is spot on for me It will take me about 2 hrs to get there(165miles) any idea what time you will get to the services so that I can plan what time i get on the road

peter2b

Like you optimism Peter, 80+ MPH average :diablo: :diablo: :angel:

Post us up a route Ian, had planned a fuel stop here (http://goo.gl/maps/kpl2v) so we all have full tanks, we'll be nearly dry if our last fuel stop is in Ferrybridge (http://goo.gl/maps/bylDy).

EDIT: Typing too slow, looks easily workable Ian just need a pit stop near Corbridge if you have local knowledge

There is a Shell station in the middle of Corbridge.

Certainly wouldn't claim local knowledge any more.

For information: I was just attracted by the squiggly lines on the B6341 - I like roads with squiggly lines. :-)

This sounds like a fantastic trip, I'm disappointed I cannot join you.

BUT

I will look forward to receiving a write up for the magazine please, so the whole membership can enjoy a small part of your fun. Photo's too please.

• Like 1