5 Day Scottish Road Trip 19th April 2014

Guest alfaGTA

1 night booked 20th @ Dornie double room with shared bath room + soap on a rope just 3 more bookings to do.

M6 services Knutsford would be good for me ,Time?

peter2b

we are going up the a1 from The Midlands to Newcastle then cutting off up the a696 on to the a68 to Edinburgh. No where near the M6.

Right by going with the posts on here you southerners have booked into to Falkirk premier instead of Dunfermline for the 19th if that's the case I will meet you at Falkirk that night for a catch up and arrange where we will meet up in the morning for the start of the run. There might be a couple of other guys from the Scottish kit car club tagging along for part of the run this could be quite a convoy.

Andy

dunfermline was twice the price andy

Guest alfaGTA

The route shown in the first post shows the M6. If that's not the case it would prob be a good idea to get Keith to modify it to save confusion.

I will amend asap, the route to/from the scottish border was not a priority sorry

I will amend asap, the route to/from the scottish border was not a priority sorry

The route to Scotland is a priority. the route we head down when going to Newark is the A68 then onto the A697 this is a great road.

I was thinking the same, just tried putting the falkirk post code into my garmin sat nav, i have to change the country from england to scotland ?????

peter2b

Garmin are on the ball mate getting ready for independence lol

Garmin are on the ball mate getting ready for independence lol

If I can get time off work would like to join you for part of the trip thought you were looking at staying in Dunfermline but some are staying Falkirk , just fitted the bike carbs and need setting up properly need to find rolling road in area b4 venturing out for great distances though.

Whiz do you know of anywhere local with rolling road that can spell bike carbs? 8) or do I need to head south o the border

Derek

Guest peter2b2002

I know this is a bit early but wot time do you think folk are getting to scotch corner to meet up?i should take me about 3 hrs to get there from my home via M6, M62, M1, A1 or if there is some where between the M1 / A1 and scotch corner to join the convoy

peter2b

I know this is a bit early but wot time do you think folk are getting to scotch corner to meet up?i should take me about 3 hrs to get there from my home via M6, M62, M1, A1 or if there is some where between the M1 / A1 and scotch corner to join the convoy

peter2b

if you are coming over the m62 there is ferrybridge services where it meets the a1 would that be any use?