Metal Experts

As some of you know i was building a zetec turbo conversion, This has now changed to a supercharger conversion and require some help on the bracket. my mk1 version i could see there would be problem with the twisting force on the outer edge

post-4599-0-82585400-1390387188_thumb.jpg

Here is my mk2 version can anyone see any problem with it as i don't want it snapping on me.

post-4599-0-14153800-1390387208_thumb.jpg

post-4599-0-66485700-1390387222_thumb.jpg

Due to the type of supercharger i am unable to twist it and mount it on its side like you can do with the Eaton units.

It's a lot better than the first design of bracket.

Given the supercharger design and the location where you're mounting it.....I think the 2nd bracket is about as good as you'll get and you'll be fine.

Have you allowed any adjustment on the bracket / charger to accuratley position the pulleys? I found that I needed forwards and backward adjustment and angle adjustment on the charger to achieve the belt running true......

I also found that even when everything looks and measure's square....when you crank it over the belt still starts to wonder slightly and so it's a bit of trial and error to position the charger so that the belt runs fine......although the distance between the crank pulley and charger puller on Terry's is a lot greater and so alighnment becomes harder to measure accurate.

Oh and just a little tip....I've taken the spark plugs out of the engine and crank it over with a socket held in a power drill.....it gives you an rpm slightly faster than starter-motor speed and is a good indication of how true the belt will run.

one last thing.....put some tubes in the box section where your bolt holes are to prevent the the bolts from crushing / deforming the box.....this will allow you to tighten the bolts to a torque of "f*?&ing tight" and also prevent deformation around the bolt head over time (from the charger forces)

rich there will be plenty of forward and back movement to alight, i have squared the supercharger to the block but didn't think about putting adjustment there, if i require it will have to over come that when i get there.

Keith its tight but it will just fit i think/ hope

For Richard's idea of crush tubes --- push a length of 20mm plastic conduit up the square tubes that are bolted through ; drill holes through bolt mounts ; remove plastic & drill out to accept crush tubes & re-insert bushes in plastic for spot-on alignment.

thanks for the tip bob, i like it, but not sure about leaving the plastic in the box, just think of all that added weight :crazy:

this will allow you to tighten the bolts to a torque of "f*?&ing tight"

i have that setting on my torque rench, it never comes of it normaly

Nick strange you say that. I thought that looking at the photos on here, for some reason they look really bad in the photos but no where near as bad in the flesh. I did test a weld with be jumping up and down on it all I managed to do was part twist my ankle.