What Are They Called?

baj25

I’ve seen tapered stubby pins, maybe 15mm diameter, used to locate panels on a few cars and might have an application for some, but I don’t know what to search for. The tapered pin is fixed to one panel, and there is a mating hole in the panel that faces it- there is no fixing to hold the 2 together, they just stop lateral movement. Any ideas please, bri

Bonnet locating pins as suggested by Nicko, that's what I'm after. As Mitch says, I'm going fixed scuttle. I cut the bonnet last night... I had in mind these things to use where the 2 lower parts of the bonnet come together to keep the panels in line when bonnet is closed. BRAINWAVE !!! Just realised I've got some similar things that were used as floor spikes on floor standing speakers, M6 threaded and all. I was saving them in case I ever needed to make some medieval weaponry. Great result, thanks all, bri

Guest Ian & Carole

Bonnet locating pins as suggested by Nicko Just realised I've got some similar things that were used as floor spikes on floor standing speakers, M6 threaded and all. I was saving them in case I ever needed to make some medieval weaponry. Great result, thanks all, bri

In true Hoody fashion re cycle and re use, never throw owt out, mind you that's probably why I can never find owt.