Newbie Help

Nicola Roberts

Click on More reply options (bottom right) & then bottom left you have Attach files -- click on Browse & your picture gallery should come up choose picture & post ( must be small enough though --- in pixels or some-such)

Guest Ian & Carole

We will be there although i dont do tents do you think the Robin can tow a twin axle caravan lol

Trailer tent is the way to do Kit car shows

2539.jpg

detling09002.jpg

the big van is for holidays

Your suspension set up looks very much like mine which came from RS Jigtec (RIP!)

They got the manufacturing rights from Sids Tune Shop in Tamworth, which I believe is still operating,

but doesnt do the wishbone conversion any more.

The design is a very good one, with correct length wishbones.

Bob

• Like 1

Guest mower man

We.ve been here before the 38 dgas is not for out and out perf but setup correctly is agood carb [ my 2.1 makes 144 horses with one ] reasonable mpg etc my ops only others will differ mower man :crazy:

Cheers Guys, appreciate all the advice and being a complete novice with mechanics I will probably put aside some money for the bike carbs and megajolt...... I have a friend with a Westfield with bike engine (it sounds awesome and goes like a firecracker approx 450bhp)on a 500kg car. Mainly used for track-days and sprints. So completely un-practical for what we want.

I have seen some all-in one bike carb sets on ebay, but began starring into space and listening to the cuddly monkey smashing the cymbals when they starting explaining sizes etc...37mm/38mm/40mm.

What will I be looking to get and what other extra costs do you think I will incur when purchasing and fitting something like this:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Ford-PINTO-Complete-Bike-Carb-Conversion-Kit-ZZR1100-40mm-Keihin-IN-STOCK-danST-/331116324007?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item4d181224a7

Open to suggestions for best bang for the buck scenario on a very basic 2.0ltr pinto engine that I have no history of and looks like it needs a lot of attention.

Hi Dino.

Those carbs have 40mm chokes....way too big for a standard Pinto.

Anything about 36mm will be fine.

Like these''

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/KAWASAKI-ZX6R-CARBURETTORS-J1-ZX6R-CARBS-12502-MILES-ZX6R-CARBURETOR-/271383095133?pt=UK_Motorcycle_Parts_13&hash=item3f2fb1675d

DANST (the ebay seller) is a RHOCAR member....PM him direct for a "club" price on a manifold.

Budget for a RR session to set up any carb, but especially important for 4 bike carbs..anything from £100 - £250.

You need to make linkages & adjust the spacing of the carbs (unless Dan makes a manifold to suit them as is??)

Bob