Engine Just Taken A Leak On The Drive.

Simon Parish

Pintos are virtually unbreakable dude. ive had mine over 100 degrees a few times with no issues.

new water pump and stat youll be fine. throw a belt on cos its simple and cheap ecp do a continental one for less than a tenner.

don't bother with a tensioner. they very very rarely fail . if its quiet leave it imo.

bottom pulley bolt can be a nightmare to come off.

2 hours work to do all that max. I change mine whilst hot on sat water I drained was still hot going back in. :rofl:

• Like 1

Do the head gasket Simon, may as well for how easy it is on a Pinto.

Whilst the head is off seal the piston / bores with vaseline, cover the oilways and flush out all the waterways etc with running water.

Decoke the heads, lap in the valves and rebuild it mate. :)

That'll be a good afternoons work buddy.

:acute: 8)

• Like 1

Nick that would be a plan, but im not sure whether I can do it Saturday or Sunday as meant to be meeting Ron n Rob to discuss stuff Saturday afternoon.

Ozz is calling round tomorrow, so we shall have a look at make sure its not something simples like a loose hose :)

No worries mate, i have plenty of space in the garage so if your struggling bring it round.

Get the boys round, we'll soon have the whole top end renewed and rebuilt. 8)

• Like 1

Offer is the same here mate, if it is bad, mines a little closer. And Shaft can come round and keep Milo occupied while we do the graft ;)

Not a problem either way. :)

Twas a Sunday morning in February, 1st to turn up on the day was Mark B, followed by a motley crew of others. Engine stripped, cleaned, top end rebuilt, bottom end checked, rebuilt and fitted in the day. Break for sausage butties for lunch, and everyone heading home before lighting up time. What a day and what a team.

Nick

• Like 3