Headlight Question?

FERRINO

Last week I sold the new headlights that came in the box with my part built 2B. Here is the Ebay link:-

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=221491218060&ssPageName=ADME:X:AAQ:GB:1123

The chap who bought them has just received them and said that they have the following embossed on them (I'm assuming on the lense somewhere?):-

"Drive left"

He's asking if this means they are for a Left hand drive car?

I genuinely don't know the answer and also genuinely never spotted the marking? The only reason I sold them on is because I like the look of the smaller black headlight better otherwise I would have probably used them myself.

Any advice gratefully appreciated.

Cheers

Tony :)

I can see where he means now from zooming up the picture. 'drive' is written vertically higher up and 'left' is written vertically as well but below and offset to the side.

Is this normal?:-

drive_left_2_zpsc299d64f.jpg

Thanks for the reply Richard,

These are the ones that came with the 2B Sliding Pillar kit surely (at least that's what I assumed)?

RHE wouldn't supply non IVA'able (or SVA as it probably would have been back then) headlights in the kit would they? This is what I can't understand.

If I still had the lights I probably would wire them up and check the beam pattern as you suggest - I might have to suggest that to the guy and see what he says?

Ive got the old sealed beam unit in the garage. will have a look when i get home.

either way he would be better off replacing the sealed beams with the ones that take h4 bulbs. I replaced mine for about £10 a side and are soooo much better.

hth

Just had a look at a couple of spare sealed beam units and found they are marked drive left as well! Also are e marked and have Wagner USA on them. Wired them up and they dip down and to the left. I assume drive left means for driving on the left. Hope this helps.

Rob

Just had a look at a couple of spare sealed beam units and found they are marked drive left as well! Also are e marked and have Wagner USA on them. Wired them up and they dip down and to the left. I assume drive left means for driving on the left. Hope this helps.

Rob

Awesome! Many thanks Rob - you're a superstar :good: :D. The ones I sold had Wagner on them too, so I'll bet they are exactly the same.

Also - thanks Agent Zed, if you could confirm yours also have the markings that would be a great help cheers. As I say, I've actually sold the old chrome headlight units and it's the buyer that's querying the markings. My news ones are the H4 type.

Cheers again everyone ;)

Edited by FERRINO