Scottish Highlands 2015H

Guest alfaGTA

Mine still in bits having new engine mounts fitted. Chassis modified to accept wipers and strengthened around the Diff.. Then back on the rolling road to check out the new racing clutch and finish mapping.... Should be ready.... I hope

• Like 1

Good progress made today..

Wipers in fitted and working...after a bit of head scratching and working out how to reverse the motor drive so wipers would operate in correct direction.

Engine in and on the new mounts. Mike at Roadrunner has done a cracking job on this by specially making each mount so that engine is slightly canted over to give some clearance. So now I can get the bonnet on and over the charger...Just now need to make some more mesh for the enormous hole in the bonnet for the charger bulge.

Mike has been pretty ill the past 2 weeks so work has not moved on quite as quick as i would have liked, but cant moan....my car has been sat in his workshops since beginning of December. Hopefully he will be well enough this week to crack on with a few mods to strengthen the chassis and a bit of welding to my intercooler (fixing brackets). Then its back on the rolling road where everything will be crossed as the new clutch has only been tested up on the ramps...seems to work ok.. :crazy:. So all being well and no more catastrophes car should be back home in 2 weeks for a bit of fettling and getting her ready :clapping:

Mine has fought me all bleeping day!!!! I stripped the n/s front ball joints off to replace them and the wheel bearing. Got new lower ball joint out of the box and its wrong ! I ordered 2 both same box and part number fitted other weeks ago all ok this one wrong part in the right box. Proper annoyed at this point but manage to find one local.. this car is determined not to go scotland....

Guest alfaGTA

I've the block and sump refitted today, new water pump fitted and ready for head fitting tomorrow morning.... Reckon 5 hours should have it ready to purr again! If it clatters and rattles I'll take the mx.... Can't be bothered with another engine swap

• 2 weeks later...
Guest alfaGTA

I have mapped the first days route.... Currently just over 300 miles!! It includes a stage in the Yorkshire dales and in the Lake District, unfortunately the Galloway forest is just a tad too far unless we are ahead of schedule!! Petrol and food stops every 100 miles as always 😜

Guest alfaGTA

You will be grand Terry, you really need to worry when we hit the highlands and you run out!! You'll not be cold though-plenty of sheep and whiskey up there to keep you warm....