Meeting Points For Scotland 2015

speedtripledan

Who is meeting up at what points on the Saturday.

the main thread is massive now so thought a clear list needed compiling. m1 j29a has fuel and food i think it would be better than tibshelf services.

i think a faurly early start is also wise 7:00am At 29a? We have a massive drive sat with poss 3 fuel stops

Edited by DanE

Guest alfaGTA

Early start preferred, knock off 90-100miles and grab some brunch?. Morrisons at boroughbridge has fuel, cafe, deli, bakery etc etc so should suit everyone. It's 2 hrs from me with no stops so could easily pit stop there 9.30-10am with two stops prior to that at junct 29a depart 8am? Then an hour to ferrybridge 9am? And 30 mins to boroughbridge? We have a Cumbria member wanting to join us for a section of the run so need to slot him in somewhere too.

I am stopping at the same Premier Inn as Richard on the Friday so will also meet at junction 29A. I am also happy with the early start (well it is easy to say now, maybe not so easy on the day :) )

Edited by David S

Guest mark little

I'll just see you on the road, I intend driving towards you when you are coming across from scotch corner, just need a rough idea of time. Are you still intending calling by Keswick? There's a good road down the side of the lake that goes in the right direction for your road trip.

Cheers Mark

At the risk of hijacking this thread .......

Can I ask someone who is going on this trip to put pen to paper and do a write up for the mag please? Loads of photos too.

The last one had a great reception.

Thanks

Derek

Guest alfaGTA

I will put together a few words for you again Derek but I would also ask others to put some words down of their experience too-couple of thousand words will be plenty 😜

Perhaps the magazine editor can then merge the experiences and photo's.

Guest Paul94

Whilst I am looking forward to it no end - Saturday will be a long day !!

OK to meet at Ferrybridge (A1 North) for 9am but that's a 2 hour drive for me so I need to kick-off just after 6am from home.

I will pen a few words from a Scottish point of view about an unsuccessful invasion over the border lol I will also have my GoPro with me as well for the trip