Upper Wishbone Balljoint Cover

Landie71

I'd appreciate a bit of advice from the greater collective if that's ok? I've been out this evening & cut some 25mm silicone hose to fit over the upper wishbone ball joint as I understand the locknut & balljoint top are IVA fail points.

This is what I've come up with:

normal_IMG_3888.JPG

... and when it's fitted to the car it looks like this:

normal_IMG_3890.JPG

Is this sufficient to pass the IVA or do I need to look at securing it more permanently (glue it to the top of the balljoint perhaps).

I've only done the offside so far as I wanted to check before doing the nearside.

Thanks in advance

Thanks Mark, it does rotate, but not easily, it's a tight fit over the locknut. The bit I'm most concerned about is the 'flap' bit over the balljoint - it does lift if you pull it, but I can't see it flapping around too much.

Guest Ian & Carole

I used a squash ball on ours cut it and shaped a bit out of it to fit the thread then glued it back together, been like it for 8 / 9 years.

Guest 2b cruising

I used a squash ball on ours cut it and shaped a bit out of it to fit the thread then glued it back together, been like it for 8 / 9 years.

whats this Ian. Green nose day? LoL.

Has it gone to new happy owner yet?

Brilliant - thanks guys, appreciate it. I'll do the same on the other side as well then. Looks like I've miss-understood the bit that needed covering, still better safe than sorry eh?

Guest 2b cruising

Sound like good stuff.

I wander if it will do the waterproofing on the 2b

I'll get some and give it a try. Otherwise grommets and mastic.