The Spanners Are Out Again

tractor

there is an engine and gearbox there somewhere needed something to do so thought I would fit the new cylinder head to the van dreaded taking injectors out heard a lot of horror stories so after stripping the front off I could actually get to the injectors so got no4 injector out no problem just pulled it out same with 3 and two thought this is going well then tried getting no1 out and it aint budging so I will carry on taking head off tomorrow and get the new one fitted cos Thursday or Friday got an injector removal tool being delivered so at the moment just going to keep putting WD on it to loosen it up

last time the cambelt had snapped and was told you could not get head off with engine in so I took engine out and did all the work but I reckon I can get the head off with the engine in so tomorrow there might be a lot of swearing but that head is coming off

Guest 2b cruising

Apparently Coca Cola is supposed to free off injectors.

Ford people swear by it on their Transits.

Something to do with the way it cleans up old pennies.

Apart from that, have you tried turning the engine over with the bolt loosened.

Sometimes the compression can do it.

Guest 2b cruising

FRENCH CARP.

We all used to last our work in progress if a Renault van turned up.

NOBODY used to like doing any serious enough engine work on them.

Always left for next shift, or foreman would do himself to get it out of the way.

Funny though there trucks are easy to work, especially now with Volvo running gear.

• 2 weeks later...

well sourced another cylinder head and i am ready to fire it up but!!!!! i cant one injector still stuck in the old head and it just wont come out got a heavy duty extraction tool and had it soaking with coke for about four days and it still wont budge so got an injector on order it will run again even if it bankrups me