The Spanners Are Out Again

tractor

good call Jaimo managed to cut the injector out of the head there was no way it was coming out with a slide hammer or hydraulic puller it was so corroded once I had cut through to the water jacket you could see the corrosion had bleed through the aluminium so once it was out had to spend quite I while cleaning the injector once I had fitted the injector it was time to turn the key after quite a lot of cranking it burst into life I hadn't fitted the intercooler yet cos the front of the van was still sat in the garden it ticked over for about 20 seconds and then died so I stripped the intercooler out of the front frame work and temp fitted it started the engine again and after about the same time again it sounded really ruff and cut out also now I had oil pissing out from back of engine once I had cleaned the oil up I got under there to see wot was wrong and oh cock I hadn't reconnected the turbo oil return pipe and it is an absolute git to get to after a lot of swearing and banged knuckels I sorted it all ive got left to do is stick some anti freeze in test drive it and put the under tray back on and I don't ever want to take that engine to bits again I think its time to look at getting rid of it and getting a rear wheel drive van which should make engine maintenance a lot easier

Guest 2b cruising

Another well done and job finished for you Chris.

You have the right idea of a new van.

Can't help you on which to get though as nearly all fwd now, including the old faithful tranny.