Wheel Arches Hit Front Lights On Full Lock

Guest Jonnyround2003

If it's a 2B plus, what gap is there between the plough (chassis hoop that's under the engine) and the floor. At that ride height it can't be much and you'll be grounding quite a lot. Raise the ride height so you have at least 3 inches to the road and you may even get over the odd speed bump and clear the headlights.

Guest 2b cruising

If your plough hoop is that low, use a jack on it to raise it to just a little below sump level.

The amount the engine mounts will move will be negligable.

The hoop can actually be moved by hand and a bit of strength, so what use it would be for chassis bracing is about as much use as an ash tray on a motor bike.

Ride height looks too low, bottom wishbones want to be horizontal if possible. Also looks like the wheel arches couls be a lot closer and tighter to the wheels and tyres which will also give a bit more clearance. You've still got the zimmeride shock absorbers on there, best advice would be to ditch them in favour of some better quality items with the right springs to stop them binding up when you raise the front ride height.

• Like 1

Guest 2b cruising

It is under the car connecting one side of the tubed chassis to the other.

It loops from one engine mount to the other looping around the front of the engine.

As bracing it does virtually nothing because of the massive loop.

As a sump guard, if you hear it rubbing or hitting anything on the road stop. It doesn't guard the bottom of the sump at all, and to weak to avoid sump frontal damage.

Mine is not fitted but a strait tubed cross member has been fitted complete with webs to stiffen the chassis.

I am now considering putting some triangulation from one side to the other, in at least two places.

Edited by 2b cruising

Im about to set my ride height..it 6inches is measured from side panel behind front wheel?what about back?my cqr sits inch higher at back then front what is good height at the back?

Once you have set the ride height, you may well find that the front wings no longer touch the head lights. But they will when you're on full lock and go over a bump! So take that into consideration as well. I still had to fit restrictors to the steering rack.

Nige