Weber 32/36

jaimo

I currently have a Weber 32/36 dgav auto choke and think it causing me trouble

I ordered a new 32/36 manual choke carb but they emailed me saying 6 week wait I am not in a rush but got me thinking

Should I get a complete rebuild kit with everything including jets, power valve, filter etc etc

Might even buy new floats as that could be an issue

And get the manual choke conversion

I have priced this up and can get the lot for around £100 saving around £100 has anyone done the manual conversion and what's the advice just buy new or rebuild

I also have the 32/36 DGAV.

When I got the complete engine it did not run very well so I stripped and cleaned the carb and replaced the float neadle and fitted new gaskets.

The engine was improved but still was off on idle.

Removing the inlet manifold revealed a leaking gasket so i cleaned up the head and manifold mating surfaces and fitted a new gasket.

Idle problems solved but still cutting out at high power, replaced the mechanical fuel pump and problems solved. The car has run like this for over 60,000 miles since.

I suppose what I am saying doing I rebuild or replace half the money to rebuild in fact I got a manual choke unit that been modified for a Weber 32/36 so intact would only need about £40 spending and got about 4 other Weber 32/36 carbs so any other bits I need I will have so help help me decide as can spend the money on either things to rebuild engine like a newman cam etc

rebuild is not a problem done it loads of time although few years ago now but just sick of spending then doing job twice (well the missus is ) for example strip reuild carb and still be same but i think £40 and maybe a few spare parts from orther spare carbs worth the risk

seen the full rebuild kit and service kit need both by looks to get all bits but neither contain the jets is it worth replacing or check they correct for engine and if okay leave or replace does anyone correct sizes for 2.0 litre pinto

Guest 2b cruising

Rebuild kits usually have new shaft and bearings.

Butterfly itself doesn't warrant changing.

Important part of rebuild so check they come with kit mate.

In my opinion you are going the right way about things.

Especially as you want to change to Zetec later.