Renault Grand Espace Head Gasket

blue

👎👎👎👎👎

On way home tonight the car started to get very hot

needless to say I pulled over to find water/steam pumping out from the exp bottle - I let it cool down topped up the water and drove home -again water/steam/bubbles from header tank so I put the rad pressure test on it pumped it to 3bar and left it for an hour -the needle never moved a mm but as soon as it starts and warms excessive pressure in header -no other symptoms no oil mix nothing in oil cap but passed pressure test 100%

It's the 3.0 v6 so major engine out job if head gasket has gone - which TBH it must be

Having had the experience of a diesel espace blowing oil out of every oriface it could find under boost i feel sorry for you!!!! Never again will i own a renualt of any description as long as i draw breath. Shame as it was nice to drive when it worked.

Could it be a stuck stat or failed water pump?

Thanks for all the replys

I wish it was the 22dci blowing oil everywhere - that's an easy fix of a new inlet manifold gasket - done a few of them found it by pure chance on a neighbours laguna - as for a failed waterpump that too is an engine out job !!

it's true there lovely cars when running but such a pain in the @@@@ when they go wrong

why are all modern cars so hard to work on and don't even think of going to a dealer !!

Guest 2b cruising

My last job before retirement was as roadside repair for an MAN dealership.

Looking for a broader customer base, the management decided to go dual based with Renault trucks.

Easy to work on as at the end they were all Volvo mechanicals.

Whenever I had to visit the workshop for parts or Escourt a recovered truck in, the workshop based lads all complained about the struggles repairing Renault vans.

The company used to have a very low staff turnover as it was a great place to work.

On a visit last month to borrow some tools, I only knew at the most a half of the workshop staff.

Terrible things to work on and book times for repairs are very difficult to work to.

In other words, no bonus for quick turn around.

Guest 2b cruising

Cris it's not a definately but I used to do it on Allison auto boxes.

Try fitting a tube to the breather and feed it to the highest useable point you can.

Pressure is in the box all the time. If one bubble of oil forms before the last one disperse, the air in between will just send it right through the breather. If you use a bigger diameter of tubing, it might allow the bubble to burst and oil to return back down the insides of the tube.

Also used this with great success on eat on boxes when running pto gear all day.