Attaching Front Brake Hoses To Side Panel

danielbrookes

Hi,

As per title, whats the correct\neatest way to do the above? I think I will use a penny washer for the engine bay side, but I was wondering is there something specific I need to use one the outside as it will be visible? I read a couple of old threads about a bracket being SVA complient but I dont think they apply to the GBS Zero.

I see these on kitspares: http://www.kitspares.co.uk/index.php?route=product/product&path=43_9&product_id=801&car=43

Any other alteratives or suggestions other people have used?

Thanks in advance :)

Daniel

You need something more substantial than a penny washer on the inside of the panel otherwise the hose will flex the fitting and distort the panel - especially if the panes are aluminium. You need a larger spreader plate or, like on my 2B, I made a bracket out of some 2mm steel about 40mm wide and mounted it between two of the chassis tubes behind the panel.

Think how rigid the mounting bracket for a flexi hose would be on a normal car - that's a good think to aim for.

• Like 1

Second Richies post -- make a bracket to span between top & bottom chassis tube, put a slight bow in it & cover with something like mouse-mat ( I used foam liner from socket set ) all above will take out any flim-flam from the panel & the foam stops rattles & differential corrosion.

Just to add ( memory catches up sometimes ) replace a circle of foam with a thick washer where brake union goes through bracket & panel for a solid fix.

Edited by florin metal works
  • Like 1