Capri Clocks

jaimo

OK, Here you go.

post-1241-0-90773200-1453293159_thumb.jpg

post-1241-0-51319600-1453293172_thumb.jpg

I ended up buying a couple of these during my build but the others worked fine, so I never actually used these ones. I think they're OK though.

Two things to note;

Firstly, One of the circuits is broken (see third pic)

post-1241-0-52127400-1453293183_thumb.jpg

Should be an easy fix, or bypass altogether.

Secondly, There's no plug I'm afraid.

So, £10 plus £4 for P+P if you're interested?

Let me know...

Thats a good price...shame I've already bought one.....

Is there anything to look out for when fitting these i.e. is it pretty much plug & play (I know the wiring is slightly different & I've got the details of which wire is which), thinking more along the lines of fuel gauge, speedo calibration etc?

Rich

Hi Rich,

Fuel Gauge is straightforward enough. I remember clamping the sender to the roll over bar and using a piece of propped up cardboard to help me calibrate the travel of the float against the Gauge. The cardboard was marked corresponding to the tank height and I extended the float arm so that it would cover the full travel, from Empty to Full. Works a treat!

Speedo is compatible with type 9 box and std Ford running gear and so was within limits for SVA.

Rev Counter picks up from the coil IIRC.

Temp Gauge needs a Capri sender (I think it's a white collared one?).

Oil Pressure is also simple, but you'll need a T-Bar connector (Burtons) to tap off in Tandem from where the Oil Pressure switch screws into the block.

That just leaves the Ammeter, which is a bit of a pain because things have moved on since the Capri days regarding electrics. Anyway, I wired it on the Alternator wire. One at a point near the Alternator itself and one way back under the dash. The point is to get a measure of the electrical difference between the two points, which correspond/reflect what what the Alternator's doing. At least it's not a dissused Gauge. HTH.