Hoodies With Mx5's

Guest red7

Had 2 MX5s. Loved the first, hated the second! Went out and bought an MR2 as an all weather fun car to the GLA. Love it, really suits me and I love the way it drives and howls when you put your foot down (comment from Marg: do you REALLY HAVE to do that? Answer: it's a man thing!). A plus point is that you can't get any shopping in it!

• Like 1

I just got back from Wheels In Motion in Chesham.

They checked all the MX geometry on a really fancy laser driven gizmo.

Anyway, to summarise....

all this after my local Mazda dealer was adamant that everything was within tolerance Yeah Right!!

FRONT

Too much toe-in

not enough -ve camber on left front

+ve camber on the right front!!!!

not quite enough caster, but same both sides

REAR

not enough camber, way different left to right.

correct toe in on left

way too much toe in on right.

Its transformed the car.....turn in is tight, steering is nicely weighted, it was too light brfore,

it doesnt tram line on motorways, and the vicious lift-off oversteer has all but disappeared.

Big thumbs up for WIM/BlackBoots, money well spent

• Like 1

Guest mark little

I've been looking for a second fun car, something different,an alfa Romeo spider,the later one,beautiful car, something to stop the wife twining about being cold or uncomfortable. I like the Mx 5's but they're just to common up here.

I should say that one of my brother-in-law's has a boxster which I got for him but should have kept myself and the other has a Mercedes slk which have heated seats and air scarves which doesn't help the cause

Edited by mark little

My theory if you drive a nice comfortable sports car every day does it take some of the fun away from the kit when driving on the weekend? For example my daily commute is a 4x4 i do 35000 miles a year so when I jump into the Zero the fun begins and feels great, the difference is significant. Or is it only me?

Guest 2b cruising

I think that's the same as everyone in a seven type.

I go out even when I don't have to. Just like a big kid again.

A factory manufactured one is just so different.

Don't wind me up on this as you will only get the lamps swinging and sand all over the place. Ha ha ha.😂

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Radders

I had an MGF mk1 vvc and it was awesome...sold it for a Dutton Phaeton, which I loved...sold that recently for the Hood. I made big profits on both of them...about 2k all told :-)