Morning All A Newbie In The House

Guest Jay Paul

Guest Jay Paul

Morning Guys and Girls

im a total novice to the kit car world so gently does it although not new to cars and toys previously have built and raced 4x4 flavour off road buggies and stuff but had to sell up due to muscle and joint issues but now organise events instead anyway moving swiftly on

been looking for ages for the right kit but never found 1 that i thought was A good value or B i liked but the ones that did tick the boxes were snapped up or i was too late.

last Sunday a little cheap car flashed up on my FB so just made the impulse buy done a quick deal even though about 65 comments on FB i and bought it.......been standing for a while and needs some love so first things first need to get it running then MOTd a quick session on the rollers to balance the carbs im quite lucky there is a rolling road 7 miles up the road and he is a old school carb guy who races so he knows his onions.

then i just drive it and see where it takes me if i like it i will put some money into it if i dnt i will clean it and move it on watch this space

dnt know anything about the car apart from a Robin Hood with a 2.0 ltr Pinto and twin 40's

post-13829-0-14136700-1459494089_thumb.jpg

Edited by Nobby

Yes welcome. As Stuart says does look like a series 7. I should know, spent enough time under or in mine. You will have fun with that. Your priorities are bang on, get it road legal and then on the rolling road. Then drive it and plan your modifications for next winter!

Welcome Nobby. Result to have it running so quickly! Twin sidedraughts, a Burton ally rocker cover. Someone spent time and love(and money) on her once upon a time. Might even find a hot cam, ported head or even a capacity increase in that engine. That would be an even better result!! :)

Nigel

Guest 2b cruising

If it's a true Burton and not just a rocker cover your on a winner engine wise.

Phone them with engine number and find out if it is one of their tuned joby's and if yes, what was done.

Big valves and ports with a good bore out, forged Pistons, con rods etc for high revving. Could be on a real winner with that mate.

Welcome to the forum.

Guest Jay Paul

thanks guys

i do think this is a standard block although i would put a good wage on a stage 2 head with a cam im quite excited to say the least and even better when the bargain feeling kicks in

the car its self needs love and lots of it wiring paint work just general left in a garage for along time to gather dust just got to find some parts now