Carb Rebuild

jaimo

Guest 2b cruising

Jaimo, I have not read all the entries but, have you checked for fuel feed.

Stick a can of fuel in the boot. Connect to an electric pump.

Connect a soft pipe direct to carb and give it a wham down the road checking for any improvement.

Another one to tick off your check list.

Mine was useless under load when I first got it.

Blocked gauze filter inside tank.

Guest 2b cruising

Not on all cars will have one Jaimo.

If fitted they will be on the end of the feed pipe.

Even if you don't have one, it would not mean you aren't suffering starvation problems from one cause or another.

Use the rig as above but I forgot to mention not to use the existing feed pipe.

Put the feed pipe straight into the filler neck of your tank.

The only thing you will be using, the carb, you have already diagnosed as being good by replacing with another.

If car runs good with this, try connecting it to you pump inlet. If still good then you know your pump is 100'/,

So the proble can only then be in the tank pick up or the pipe work itself.

If I was closer I would come and have a go for you.

I am going to GBS tomorrow so if you are not far off my route I could come and have a go on my way back.

Guest lotusPaul

Right carb rebuilt and cleaned put back on kit fired up and checked carb working yet to set up mixture etc and roadtest but looking good so far record for me complete strip and rebuild in just over an hour

Yet to set up..!! You said it, are your jets set up correctly yet??

Guest lotusPaul

Jaimo

Ta.without having your motor here its a bit hard to diagnose, just a question you put a different carb on and same fault. Did you by chance put your crab on the other motor?

Well I'm still wanting you to check your timing with a gun and post pics of plugs.

Eliminate timing issues

Then if still no joy perhaps a restriction in either exhaust or fuel supply.

Not long till Stoners

I appreciate paul just go my tools from mums so will check plugs also got good dizzy to try and new arm and cap

We didnt try my carb on stus but with his carb on mine was same fault will post plug pics tonite hopefully wondering wether to remove bike can and drive without but do pintos like abit of back pressure

Guest lotusPaul

The problem with swapping too many parts at once is not actually finding the fault.

We need to isolate the fault and work it out.

I'll assume carb is ok as a swap gave same results.

Next is ignition. I need to know if dizzy is advancing under load. So suck on that vacuum pipe a few times and see if you feel it moving?? Strange as it may seem. And then put on a timing light.see if the spark/lamp moves on the timing marks as you raise the revs. Also, when its warm what revs does it idle at?

Guest lotusPaul

Bike can on the exhaust, if you can remove it then do it before anything else and take it for a spin.if nothing else but for the noise..but seriously, I did mention it may be restricted.

Only swapping one thing at a time timming light is at stus so that will be tomrow job unless i can find mine in garage wll take can off shortly and report back jus got to fill and bleed cooling again due to havinh to remove pipe

Yeah got another dizzy but wife called me back disabled son playing up daddy sick lol so will try tomorrow but looking good my dizzy has no vac advance the new one does also got to take carb off again as auto choke not on correct so not doing its job oh joy