Carb Rebuild

jaimo

Guest lotusPaul

Considering the above I too would check valve lash. Agreed that compression is low, but as they're all same it could be you have a low compression engine.

Another free check could be to make sure exhaust is not blocked/ restricted.

I would still want to check plug colour and ignition timing.

Revs fine when stood under no load just runs out of power and drop in 5th at 70 forget it could it be fuel pump and no keith its the 1800 stil got to finish rebuild on that as u know new houses and kids and work get in way

Edited by jaimo
  • Like 1

Guest lotusPaul

You say you got vac dizzy. Take off vac pipe and try a run. If its the same then I think you may have your cause.

I'm trying to eliminate and isolate your problem here so stick with it

Also with vac pipe off give it a good suck while still on dizzy end.what does that do?

Will try paul and report do i need to block vac

Also the carb has an enrichnent device connected to a seperate vac pipe standard on some weber 32/36 what is this

Edited by jaimo

Guest lotusPaul

I mean to take of the vac pipe from carb and keep it connected to dizzy. Give it a suck and feel if you get resistance or movement within dizzy. To be honest a timing light will tell you if its working too. I put a link up above, is this your carb?

Yeah thats it but got a unit that is fitted on few of these carbs its blanked casting on most but mine acuually uses it i will try get pic up wen home google weber 32/36 enrichment dhaphram

Yeah either on own steam or aa lol gonna try bring few spares and av a play around mite sort it by then but mite just be engine was stood 15 years then i got it lol but sounds so good no tappet rattle or anything