New Builder

Guest Dean m

Guest Dean m

Hi all,

I have been directed here via locostbuilders as I asked about kit car clubs near me and Rhocar was recommended.

I'm not building a RH or a GBS Zero (sorry) so hopefully I will be welcome.

I have seen the zero at a few shows I've attend got to say it is one of the best looking sevens out there.

All being well I plan on going to the factory open day next month and popping along to some of the Leicester meets.

I am literally just starting out on a Haynes roadster build, I've Started stripping the donor mx5 and have a chassis kit in flat pack form that I will be welding together.

Cheers Dean

Guest 2b cruising

Welcome Dean.

This is a great club and I am sure everyone in it will welcome you with open arms.

You are doing the right thing by stripping an mx5 for your donor, they make good kits.

Wish you well with your build and if you have any questions or problems with it I am sure one or more of us will help you out.

All the best.

Ken.

Edited by 2b cruising

That's how I started on this path a book a welder a flat pack chassis and a Sierra. Then I bought a zero kit sold the welder and flat pack chassis now full circle I'm restoring an mx5 so let me know if your front wings are not rusted. Welcome to the club be active in the club as you build the Leicester lads are really helpful.

Guest Dean m

Thank you for the welcome.

Being my first build I'm sure I will have plenty of questions.

I currently live in Cottesmore a little village in Rutland so looking forward to meeting some of the Leicester lads and pestering them for advice and tips!

Unfortunately my donor was very very rusty the front wings where only good for the scrap man.

Welcome to the Club. As you live in Rutland you can also be an honorary member of the Lincolnshire chapter :) I often organise Sunday picnics at Rutland Water, which will be handy for you. You could almost walk there.

Guest Dean m

Thanks Alanrichey, I will certainly look out for posts of the Lincolnshire group having a picnic at rutland water, I will come along for a chat and look at your cars.

Guest 2b cruising

Thanks Alanrichey, I will certainly look out for posts of the Lincolnshire group having a picnic at rutland water, I will come along for a chat and look at your cars.

Have you seen about Leicester Bbq and run out weekend.

If not take a look.

It is on page 2 of view new content.