Variable Cam Control

Bit the bullet and bought and fitted a VVTPro variable cam controller for the ST170 engine. Adds on OK, Doesn't upset the Omex 600. I can update the cam timing and construct the 3D table, revs/load/cam (2D base map supplied, revs/cam).

I find the software very clunky, takes 15 minutes to burn new map to the ECU but the thing I am having most trouble with is getting it to save TPS min and max readings. The software has two ways of calibrating the TPS and I have used both, tried different cables, ignition on or off, auto or manual calibrate and everything else I can think of, each time getting sensible readings of min 2300 and max 28800 showing in the software. However it proves impossible to get it saved to the ECU. Each time I close and reopen the software the TPS reading has reverted to min 65535, max 0 (disable load input mode I suspect).

Anyone else using VVTPro with TPS input and getting better results?

Oh. Another thing. You can't save a map on the computer or load one. There's just what's in the ECU which you change as you go.

Nigel

I was told to disable the "virtual machine" on the laptop to get the software to run correctly.

I don't think I have virtual machine software installed. It's standard win 7 pro. Can you explain more? Could you get the software to save the TPS settings?

Nigel

It's all a bit foggy now. But I'm sure I didn't disable the virtual machine in the end. I think I just re installed the program a couple of times. Off the disc and from their website. And it seemed to do the trick. Sorry I can't remember or be more helpful than that. Email the chap that runs the company or put a post on their website and he will come back to you. Albeit not straight away.

Andi

I talked with someone at Motorsports Electronics and they no longer support it although he was helpful. E mail to Trigger-wheels was less helpful in that they think its working fine, just not saying it is! I have to admit it's going just fine but I don't think it is using TPS load as a parameter.

See what they say at Stoneleigh.

Nigel