Is Clarketools.net Genuine?

agent_zed

We ( Bob Fry's Tool Shop) dealt with this company for many years, products could be chalk & cheese or the vicars' egg. My opinion is now 12 years old so things may have changed for the better, would be impossible to know without a machine to strip-down or put on extended test. The brand leaders ( Dewalt - Bosch - Makita - Hitachi ) must have more than just a name to warrant their higher price, I'm still running angle grinders by Dewalt which are over 16 years old.

Same old problem I suppose ------------ you pays your money & takes your choice.

• Like 1

just looking at a cheap bench grinder. I've gone through loads of cheap angle grinders in the past. At one stage i think i could buy one for £5!! just used them til they broke and got another. Eventually got fed up with them breaking so have a bosch now which seems pretty good. Quite pleased with my hitachi stuff. i tend to buy tools now about mid-range or with long warranties depending what i intend to use it for.

Dads got a cheap bench grinder that he's had for years and still going strong, so just shopping for similar. Might get one with a linisher on the other end.

Bench grinders are a different build & its hard to make a poor induction motor, go for a 6" double-ended machine of at least 250watts; any less & it will stall when it sees the metal.