Jump to content
kevyo89

Kev's Locost Turbo Build

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, Alvin said:

I’m enjoying this build thread, it’s going at a cracking pace!

 

Although, I do feel a bit lazy. In the year I’ve had my car I’ve managed to change the alternator and adjust the seat position. Even at that it was my brother that helped completed the task 😂

 

Alvin..

 

Thanks mate - I'm very impatient so I try to rattle through things while I can lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Moog6 said:

Hey got yourself a belter there!!

 

Wishing you all the best with the build!!!😎

 

Thanks mate. I'm hoping it will turn out to be a good'n anyway 😁

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So today's progress:

 

- Rose-jointed trailing arms finished

LvTZk8c.jpg

 

- Calipers refurbished (I will be fitting four pots but since I have these already, I'll try them out with some DS2500 pads and braided lines) 

MTZOFts.jpg

 

I also had to redo the axle mounts - the holes were too far back in the mount to allow for the rose joints to fit. I had to plate the original mounts up and fill in the holes, then redrill. Complete pain in the ass but should be ready to throw the rear end in by tomorrow. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
More progress today:
 
Axle brackets finished, axle wirebrushed, degreased and sprayed
wF8G1ww.jpg
 
Brake calipers on and steering column centre shaft mounted to the side of the chassis with a steering rose joint 
pKwEszd.jpg
 
l8mBM5c.jpg
 
 
Upper steering column modified from previous to lower the steering height a little more
mA10zl1.jpg
 
qG0ZNrO.jpg
 
It's absolutely stinking with all of the dust but now thankfully thats the last of the heavy work done. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
I said I wouldn't upgrade the brakes just yet but I couldn't help myself:
 
cKWvY44.jpg
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The steering angle looks much better now 👍

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
The axle came together as intended, misalignment spacers doing the trick nicely (I know my rose joints need nuts - I ran out so will fit later) 
uiR84TA.jpg
 
And its not back on all fours for now with the rear end complete Inc panhard rod fitted
xQZbMOW.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The last piece of my fuel system puzzle arrived today - fuel pressure regulator. Looking forward to getting this all hooked up.

hRKTW4K.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was on holiday there so progress halted for a bit. 

Tonight though, I got the following few bits sorted.... 

Manifold completed and turbo test fitted:

mPNydk9.jpg

DHrrHah.jpg

It's a snug fit but does clear all the way around so pretty happy with the position. 

I also got my pedal box finally mounted and the remote master cylinders mounted along the side of the chassis. This was the only place they could really go and I'm pretty happy with them here. 

NzXzWhw.jpg

My 540cc injectors and intercooler also arrived and I'm awaiting delivery of my new bonnet, bonnet scoop and carbon bubble screen. 

XkVFlFp.jpg

yT7GURw.jpg

Over the weekend, I hope to finish off the brake lines and fuel lines before dropping the engine back in and starting on the wiring. The steering column also needs trimmed and painted so will do that as well. 

Edited by kevyo89

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So this weekend, i got a good bit done since returning from holiday:

- steering setup stripped and the column painted then refitted

LZDaqPJ.jpg

VeMC37b.jpg

- the log manifold completed and painted up with some VHT black

7tkjcO8.jpg

ncLH9Dg.jpg

The pedal box had to come back out as the bias bar and remote adjuster were very fiddly in situ. It's now complete and working as intended. The remote adjuster just needs mounted once I've my dash in...

HawAH4j.jpg

- Remote master cylinders positioned nicely on the side rail

zmUu1iU.jpg

- Front brake lines in and braided lines out to the calipers

gSE3grB.jpg

Za8Yt2T.jpg

How it currently sits:

q3brmDW.jpg

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Today I got the front and rear brake lines completed - tracked through the transmission tunnel and P-clipped etc. 

 

 

 

vEVf1Ai.jpg

 

 

 

gh4IBHb.jpg

 

 

 

I got the rad mounted as well

 

 

 

K9mGkoB.jpg

 

 

 

I also got the fuel cell and swirl pot fitted with both lift the lift pump and high pressure pump fitted. Just need to track the fuel lines through the transmission tunnel and that's the rear end complete. 

 

 

 

aiwS9o3.jpg

 

 

 

ionrkKd.jpg

 

 

 

ea31vKL.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sorry for not updating this thread for a while (for those of you who do enjoy it). I got a bit of time at the car over easter and I have made a fair bit of progress......

 

RknHIdS.jpg

Dnwzqwz.jpg

18GiXvz.jpg

nBpxYsa.jpg

hsVuMiR.jpg

dlztV4y.jpg

hzYjYog.jpg

 

I also dropped an order for a full custom wiring loom for both the engine and car, a MaxxECU standalone ECU, a Koso DB-03R digital speedo/instrument cluster and some DRL daymaker headlights. I plan to finish off the dashboard and transmission tunnel this week, and have the rest of the car pretty much ready to go once the wiring and ECU arrives. 

 

P.S. I don't like waiting for things as you all can probably tell lol

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Fantastic progress, it is look really great!

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Keep it up love the grey/green 👍

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...