Lincolnshire Meets for April

alanrichey

Looks like Spring has finally arrived so time to get out 😀  I know most of the Lincolnshire (and honorary Lincs members) are on the Stilton Cheese Run on the 28th, but that is a bit too long to wait.   Subject to weather I think I will visit the 'GearHeads at the Ground' meet at Newark Showground at 10:00 on Sunday Apr 07th https://www.facebook.com/events/608698709555946/  and take a picnic (£2 entrance fee for charity).   If anyone who hasn't been before fancies going then PM me for details.

That leaves the W/E 13/14th to see how the weather goes for maybe a pub lunch (I assume Easter weekend is for family get together 😀)

• 2 weeks later...

Good run out to the 'Gearheads at the Ground' and a good start to the season.   The drive was perfect, a bit of mist and low cloud and chilly, but with being wrapped up nicely it was great, and the engine loved the cold air.   Also a perfectly timed return trip, getting home 40 mins before the arrival of the rain from the East.

A good turn out the Showground with cars of all shapes and sizes and a lot of visitors.

Good to see Nigel and Nick.     Also had a Zero there, identity unknown.

Weather looking good for a pub lunch next weekend.    Watch this space for an update next week.

Al

image1.jpg

Edited by alanrichey
  • Like 1

Weather looking good for the weekend, so who fancies a pub lunch ?   I'm suggesting The Robin Hood pub at Aslackby ( NG34 0HL  on the A15 between Bourne and Sleaford).  It's actually the Robin Hood & Little John pub but that does not seem so relevant😀

Any preferences for Sat or Sun ?

So far we have

1. Me
2. Nigel and Helen