Robin Hood 2B - Tyre size

RevKev

Hi Guys

So you know what it's like when you pick up someone else's half finished project... not everything is as it should be.

I'm currently building up the front end of my 2B and to save some work bought the front wing supports from GBS to fit the original Array alloys with an ET15 offset.  Now that I'm actually fitting the wheels the tyre rubs agains the wing support but only just.  I suspect the tyre size is a little over ambitious at a 205/50 R15.  What was originally intended for the 2B was it a 195/50 or 195 /45?

A smaller tyre size seems the easiest solution and as what's currently on the rims is 20 years old I'd probably need to scrap them anyway.

Any good advice is welcome

Kevin

Hi Kev,

My 2B has 205/50R15 tyres on it's original RH alloys with no problems but I can't say what the wheel offset is.  I have recently replaced the cycle wing supports because the originals had cracked but there was never an issue with clearance.  It might be worth putting a picture up of your brackets as there are a few versions and more than 1 wheel offset knocking about as far as I am aware.