Jump to content

Seats for a 2B


Recommended Posts

Hi guys I’m just wondering what seats fit well in a 2B, the bucket seats I have in are super uncomfortable, I was thinking maybe Mazda RX-8….. not sure if they’ll fit width wise tho, any other car seat I could use that’s fairly cheap to come by, all advice welcome.  thanks Shaun 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

It is definitely possible to make RX8 seats fit into a 2B, but it is not totally straightforward as the UK cars with leather seat trim also came with electric drivers side seat and this makes the base too wide to fit. I am in the process of using RX8 seats in my 2B build, with driver and passenger sides reversed, and the base of the old drivers seat rebuilt using manual parts from a lower spec cloth RX8 seat and heigh adjuster disabled. You also have to remove the outer plastic trims from the seat bases, and probably make some modification to the seat tilt controls to make them fit against the tunnel.

Chris

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, RallyChris said:

It is definitely possible to make RX8 seats fit into a 2B, but it is not totally straightforward as the UK cars with leather seat trim also came with electric drivers side seat and this makes the base too wide to fit. I am in the process of using RX8 seats in my 2B build, with driver and passenger sides reversed, and the base of the old drivers seat rebuilt using manual parts from a lower spec cloth RX8 seat and heigh adjuster disabled. You also have to remove the outer plastic trims from the seat bases, and probably make some modification to the seat tilt controls to make them fit against the tunnel.

Chris

Thanks for the advice, it was only going to be cloth ones anyway matey, seen one a pair on marketplace for cheap close to my house, got me thinking now how much of a pain they will be to fit 😫😂

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Based on the fact that the seats are the one item on your car you will use 100% of the time you're driving and they make such a difference to the experience (as you've found), they are the one area I didn't skimp on and paid £500 for a new pair from Intatrim.

They fit perfectly with no mucking about needed and I've driven 500 mile days with minimal discomfort. Loads of colour options (I went basic to keep the price down):

Seats.thumb.jpg.3c448805d44f8236a985b4b70540e01b.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, nelmo said:

Based on the fact that the seats are the one item on your car you will use 100% of the time you're driving and they make such a difference to the experience (as you've found), they are the one area I didn't skimp on and paid £500 for a new pair from Intatrim.

They fit perfectly with no mucking about needed and I've driven 500 mile days with minimal discomfort. Loads of colour options (I went basic to keep the price down):

Seats.thumb.jpg.3c448805d44f8236a985b4b70540e01b.jpg

Your right about not skimping, just with my engine going just before Xmas  and a few other problems, I could do with not spending £500 if I don’t have to, I owned a rx8 a few years back and the comfort of them seat was great, thanks for your advice tho 👍

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I hope that works out for you - I originally bought some nice comfy seats which JUST fitted into the chassis - but by the time I had added panels, carpet and the seatbelt bolts, I couldn't get the damn things in, even after removing the plastic bits around the recliner mechanism and hacking off the plastic on the handle 🙃

This is on the GT chassis as well...although I think the 2B is pretty big, so hopefully, it will work out. Those other seats (pic below) cost me £250 and I sold them on eBay for £35 😪

Seats2.thumb.jpg.4bb76b8e5394d5ed85c0ca250b3a443a.jpg

Edited by nelmo
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, nelmo said:

I hope that works out for you - I originally bought some nice comfy seats which JUST fitted into the chassis - but by the time I had added panels, carpet and the seatbelt bolts, I couldn't get the damn things in, even after removing the plastic bits around the recliner mechanism and hacking off the plastic on the handle 🙃

This is on the GT chassis as well...although I think the 2B is pretty big, so hopefully, it will work out. Those other seats (pic below) cost me £250 and I sold them on eBay for £35 😪

Seats2.thumb.jpg.4bb76b8e5394d5ed85c0ca250b3a443a.jpg

Really nice seats them, worth way more then £35 😫

Link to comment
Share on other sites

would personally not fit cloth seats if you get court out in the rain you have to set in wet seats all the way home where as with Leatherette you can wipe dry

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, max said:

would personally not fit cloth seats if you get court out in the rain you have to set in wet seats all the way home where as with Leatherette you can wipe dry

Ah well, then we're on to the story of why you should always get a roof and doors IMO 😉

15 hours ago, shaun_tomo88 said:

Really nice seats them, worth way more then £35 😫

Yeah, tell me about it - I was well hacked off... 🤨

Link to comment
Share on other sites

You're unlikely to be able to use someone else's anyway - every car is different, so more cash I'm afraid, to get one made.

Softbits will do a Surrey top for around £250 - I've got one, it's brilliant.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, nelmo said:

You're unlikely to be able to use someone else's anyway - every car is different, so more cash I'm afraid, to get one made.

Softbits will do a Surrey top for around £250 - I've got one, it's brilliant.

So I’ve found one online states RH 2B roof and doors never fitted, so that’s not going to fit my 2b then….. complicated 😫

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Well, I can't say for sure but when I had mine done, they needed the measurement from windscreen to rollbar. Now, on modern builds like mine, that was probably pretty similar to others (GBS pre-drilled holes for the windscreen) but I don't know about the 2B. I was under the impression that there was much more leeway as to where builders had put their parts and thus no 2 cars would have the same measurements? In which case, it would be tricky to have a generic roof, especially as a full roof (if that's what it is) has a lot more bits to fit.

Hopefully, someone who actually has a 2B and knows about this stuff will reply 🙂 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...