Side light confusion

steve1506

I have just opened the boxes for my 2b head lights supplied in the kit many years ago. The lights supplied have  only 3 wires coming from the sealed unit connector within the metal housing. This has confused me now in that I have no idea what I use for side lights. Am I being stupid or have I been given the wrong parts within my kit

steve D

Can you see a separate side light fitting to the side of the reflector (I’m presuming these are old school halogen lights not leds)? If so it is possible that they are designed to earth through the body of the light so your three wires are side light, Low beam and main beam +12v feeds.

Chris,

Thanks for the reply, since posting this I have done a lot more research and what I have is a sealed beam unit with the Main, Dip and Earth connections hence the 3 wires as for the side light there is a clear window on the back of the sealed beam unit by the connection pins  and you can buy an adapter harness that holds a standard side light filament against this window so that this will allow light into the reflector creating the side light. Good old Robin Hood circa 2004, they show the adapter for sale in their old catalogue but didn't provided them  in the 2B plus kit I bought. Oh well at least is keeps the grey cells working resolving these issues.

Steve D