Cheshire Classic & Performance Car Show

IanS

9 hours ago, IanS said:

This is just down the road from me and I have just had notification.

https://www.greatbritishmotorshows.com/event/cheshire-classic-and-performance-motor-show-at-arley-hall-and-gardens/

Down side is that they require £7 entrance fee.

Anyone interested?

I am, sounds like a great day out 

• 2 weeks later...

Just checking how many folks are interested in this - it looks like club stands are still available but we need at least 5 entries.  Otherwise we can book in as individuals but might end up spread about the place.

Stick a note on if you're interested.

Steve

Just been to book in for this and realised that they want a £7 fee to exhibit your car - I miss read Ian's post assuming that the £7 was for passengers or visitors.

I'm sorry but I'm not prepared to pay to exhibit my car.  They wouldn't have much of a show if people like us weren't prepared to spend time & money taking our cars to the show, for their customers to look at & put sticky fingerprints on, and if they think it's OK to charge us for the privilege, them I'm afraid I have to disagree.

Right, rant over, but just to confirm - I'm sorry but I won't be going to this show now.

Steve

Problem is, if it's a car-only show, in reality virtually the only people there are other car owners/exhibitors so if they didn't charge, they'd make no money at all and there would still be no show. At least if you pay, you get a show where you can look at other cars.

I've got 2 shows coming up and I've paid £5 for each - price of a pint to stare at some nice cars and talk car-*bleep*? Worth it to me...