Self centering

Random

Can someone confirm the camber and tow in settings and if either of these can be increased or reduced to help self centering of the steering wheel while in motion?

I have limited space on my drive, but so far have seen no evidence that the steering wants to self canter. Does anyone have any advise on how to reduce friction on the steering components to give this it's best chance of self centering on the IVA test?

I had exactly the same problem before IVA but luckily, I had a relaxed tester who allowed the tiny amount of self-centering I did have as a pass.

What fixed it was getting the toe-in set to, in my case, roughly zero ie. dead straight. You will see discussions about how to do this using string and wood - personally, I can't see how that can work well but maybe (definitely, do not trust your eyesight, unless you're part-eagle).

What I did was get a mate who had one of these DIY laser alignment kits. I did try to go to a garage who said they could do this with their professional kit but they couldn't get it underneath my front wheel arches.

I believe it is better to have a small amount of toe-in (negative) but mine was done in a bit of a rush and it's been fine since, so I never bothered to get it done better.

Edited by nelmo
  • Like 1

There are several versions of front suspension for the 2B.  It depends what you've got as to how well you'll get it to self centre.   Have a search of the forums and you should find plenty of previous posts on this.