S7 Handbrake Cable

CAF

I don't think that there is a straightforward answer for this.  It is probably a Sierra cable shortened by however much is necessary for wherever the handbrake is.  Can you post a photo or 2 to help identify it ?

Just browsed the parts catalogue, I think you need to purchase a Ford part that you will find by either using the number 1644433 or the code 83BB2A603AG, just put "Ford" in front and search with your favourite search engine should pull up a Sierra MK1 handbrake cable assembly..... then find the best price/quality etc.

Hi. I replaced mine last year. The cable came from Burton Power part number BC2255

It needed shortening as explained but I used the other method of fitting the cable then cutting and joining the cable ends using 2 small cable clamps. It has worked for me and has passed 2 most.

On 10/20/2023 at 2:44 PM, Foz said:

I don't think that there is a straightforward answer for this.  It is probably a Sierra cable shortened by however much is necessary for wherever the handbrake is.  Can you post a photo or 2 to help identify it ?

I have taken a few pics but it does not tell you much. I have taken off the break drum and found that cable is broken where the nipple that holds the cable in place on the brake shoe. As I did not build the car not quite sure how easy this is going to be to get at the handbrake cable.

20231021_151609.jpg

20231021_150729.jpg

20231021_150546.jpg

That looks like a Sierra cable to me.  I also think that the broken bit (in the photo by the spring) is the home made nipple to go on the cut end of the shortened cable.  You may be able to feed your cable back through and fit another nipple, as in the pdf from Sparepart, if it's not got damaged anywhere.

7 hours ago, Sparepart said:

I think that you need to buy a Sierra handbrake cable MK1 or Mk2 probably ok, because it will need to be shortened. There is no "off the shelf" part I am attaching a pdf of the three pages covering the handbrake, from the build manual. It is just about legible.

S7-Handbrake-Build.pdf 204.01 kB · 4 downloads

Thanks I will study it I'm sure it will help me to sort it out!

4 hours ago, dandan62 said:

Hi. I replaced mine last year. The cable came from Burton Power part number BC2255

It needed shortening as explained but I used the other method of fitting the cable then cutting and joining the cable ends using 2 small cable clamps. It has worked for me and has passed 2 most.

Thanks.