Matty builds a kit

Matty

As I was browsing a certain online marketplace, something interesting popped up. I bid on it and won, it got picked up so now is the time to start. I dont really know what make it is, I think the company have closed now so cannot find anything out about it. 

20231231_100041.jpg.a3580cf49ba753de53cb14df1bd9af9b.jpg

Hi Matty,  I'm not sure what that chassis is but it ain't a 2B - have a look at the 2B brochure page below :-

Brochure.pdf

somebody on here might recognise it which will make things a bit easier.

Otherwise it is definitely going to be a challenge, but I'll be really interested to see how you get on with it.

Good luck, Steve.

Ok, I suppose a challenge could be interesting, it might have been a custom built chassis then. For the price i paid, i can put the money into good quality parts. I will keep the progress on here to keep it in one place.

On 12/31/2023 at 11:36 AM, nelmo said:

That is brave 🙃

The only chassis I know with round tubes is the Robin Hood 2B (2B=tubey), so by fluke, you've come to the right place - lots of 2B experts on here.

Lots of parts still available from https://kitspares.co.uk/ 

Good luck!!

The rager was made about the same time. Been trying to find photos of but no luck 

Its got a very small engine bay, virtually nothing at the back and that looks like the bodywork from a Radical - maybe some homemade thing designed for a bike engine?

Did the seller not give you any clue? You originally said you thought 'the company had closed' - which company?

51 minutes ago, nelmo said:

Its got a very small engine bay, virtually nothing at the back and that looks like the bodywork from a Radical - maybe some homemade thing designed for a bike engine?

Did the seller not give you any clue? You originally said you thought 'the company had closed' - which company?

I was told it was a wildmoor, but I can find nothing online other than the body. I have found someone who worked for wildmoor before they closed, hopefully I can find out soon.

I have been told by an ex employee of wildmoor that the body was shortened and the chassis was built elsewhere, so I will have to build it as I think is right, I will not find a picture online. Thanks to all who tried to find out what it is, but from now on i will just think of it as homemade, and modify the body to fit this chassis.