Confused help ! Fuel pump

LeicJim3a

On 2/25/2024 at 11:54 AM, LeicJim3a said:

Thanks Nigel do you remember that bit when I said electrical was my weakness ! Your in depth description and drawing has just terrified me. I have not even considered a relay ? My plan is ignition live through inertia switch and then straight to pump. Do I need a relay ? What is the function. ? Is it likely there is one unused in fuse box? Really looking forward to catching up with all of you this fuel  pump is my final hurdle bonnet is coming back from Bodyshop next week. Then it is  time to drive ! 

If you need relays and cable I have loads that got stripped from mx5

Firstly thanks to Nigel for the explanation I think I am getting my simple brain around the logic now, thanks to Phil for the offer as well I do work in the garage industry (not on the spanners) but plenty of access to parts. @richyb66 has offered to come and sort in a couple of weeks but after all the help and some further research I am now feeling quite confident  I will attempt to wire myself safe albeit a simpler circuit to Nigel's.  safe in the knowledge Rich is not too far away ! Fingers crossed 

• 2 weeks later...

Just to close this one off the issue was insufficient power to the pump I found a fuel pump relay wiring harness on E bay ordered and installed works perfect now many thanks for everyone's help and advise greatly appreciated as always ! 

• Like 1