Firewall And Footwell

Guest Jon 2B+

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh yes. I remember that one.

I also allowed the 'cricket bat' overhang to provide the first few inches of the gearbox/tunnel top cover, then found there was sufficient of the tunnel top panel to cover up to the firewall.

I considered the 'battery on the floor in front of the passenger footwell' for about four seconds. That lovely clip of a mouldy old battery rattling around in the video car with an old seat belt tied to it just did it for me. I went with the original design and made a battery tray from a piece of supplied scrap stainless. The foot panel clearly needed a lot of cutting down, but fits fine in line with the orginal firewall.

mick

In the back of my mind i feel sure that Tim said he was going to put the battery in the back on "Bobson" but will stand corrected.

Can't remember anyone else with a battery in the back.

If anyone else had already done this I feel it would have been mentioned on here .

Swan :p :p :p

Guest chris brown

OK Salty, Back on topic I sat in a sub k with the short passenger’s footwell and the battery on the front flour. Enforcer you made a good move by going back to the old design or even doing a Bill. The alternative is to have passengers of only 5ft or less or sit with knees under chin.

Guest chris brown
Oh now you have given the game away
No I didn’t "doing a Bill" might be driving with only short "tubby" "stroppy" "beat upable" youngster in the passengers seat. :p :p :p :p I wonder who that might be??? :lol: :lol:

Guest Battery Bill

Chris

I wonder who that might be???

Now that could be :

Blackpool John

Big Jim

Andy windows

Longboarder

Irish Bob

Nigel Brown (BEM'sSON)

Tim Swait

John Walton

Mutley Stott

Or

Battery Bill :lol: :lol: :lol:

• 3 weeks later...

got to exactly the same stage and could not work out why no battry tray foot panel in strange position am also thinking of reverting to as shown on video or perhaps in 'boot'. how did you eventually deal with it do you have any pics would be interested.

phil

Guest Jon 2B+

Phil,

Haven't finished it yet. I was away for two weeks and since then have spent too much time mending friends cars and getting ready for Christmas. Also it is far too easy to be distracted by jobs I can do in the warm dining room!

I have modified the passenger footwell to fit at the end of the floor panel, but have still to properly assemble the firewall. I have started building the bonnet so that I can sit it in place to determine the finished height of the firewall. Mainly because the servo panel firewall and the Z bit end up at totally different heights. Neither of which seem to be right. If it ends up as bad as it looks like it will, I can see me making a bespoke firewall. I'll be making a new battery tray from scrap after doing a cardboard template.

It will be new year before I get another good stab at it but I'll post some pics when I'm done.

Jon