Barkstone "the Day"

Guest chris brown

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest steve_m77
:rolleyes: that would be the r1 alan it has about 25-30bhp more

Not necessarily, although the R1 is more powerful (but not by as much as most people believe) the driver needs to get the best from it too and I can't remember which of the Jedi's had which engine and which order they finished in, even though they were colour coded :D Memory isn't what it used to be :(

No. 25 Pinto 2.0l Robin Hood 3a

Awful weekend wouldn't recommend it to anyone who hasn't already attended!!!!!!!!!!

PS. Please reserve me a place for next time!!!!

Hope that helps with the bookings problem Tim,

Seriously great weekend well organised by a dedicated team, who even managed to book great weather too.

PPS My first timed run is interesting (No.25) as I didn't cross the line and even then I wasn't last? by 7 seconds?

Guest chris brown

No 16 and 16X, 2B with 2ltr EFI pinto.

Awful weekend wouldn't recommend it to anyone who hasn't already attended!!!!!!!!!!
Fully agree Grif for those who haven’t been "don’t bother. :p :p ;)

Guest John Walton

square bashing with those awful RAF types, rotten food, warm beer, camping in a plowed field full of cattle, bumpy filthy track. Nah......................... stay away, a really lousy weekend ;)

Guest Busa Rush

:D rest assured after seeing rizzla's performance try to drive a light bec on those tyres he had with those pressures in them and staying on the track when he comes back next yr all set up right he will be :D :D :D :lol: :lol: :lol:

just my honest opinion :p

dave

Guest Busa Rush

andy you could also look at changing your pads me and steve use the ferrodo ds 2500 they are very good pads... you will find with your new tyres that those pads will give you much better braking..

if you do change them rem to scuff up your discs properly before you fit them.. you will be amazed at what grip you have with the toyos

if you haven't got a lsd get one it's a must....

cheers

dave

First off many thanks to John and Tim for organising yet another awful day to be avoided at all costs.

John car 31 series 1 hood 2ltr pinto on twin 40's.

Rizla the tyre will help but you need to take the advice earlier and play with your toe in or out until it corners neutral, a quiet industrial estate on a sunday afternoon sorted mine out, also i'd set it up on the plastic tyres you have now as you'll be able to do it at lower speeds and the handling won't change with the 888's on once its set up.

P.S. Jacqui says she enjoyed the day, meeting Julie and thanks for the loan of the overalls.