Rwyb Day

Guest docter fox

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest docter fox

just got back into the warm :) left about 3 when I lost a cylinder ;) hope it's nothing terminal :unsure:

it looked a bit wet when i got up but it didnt rain, even though everything was still a bit damp for the rest of the day

the traction off the line surprised me, there just wasn't any :( we all had the toolkits and provisions in the back to try and get a bit of extra downforce :lol:

I managed to get a 16.6 at 80mph but the award for most improved has to go to steve (red7) :lol: I've got a very interesting video of his first run :D of which I'm sure he'll be happy for you all to see when i upload it :rolleyes: There was also a guy trying to sell each of us a set of twin 40's but I cant really afford the petrol as it is <_<

all in all, a good day out but I hope I havn't broke it too much :ph34r:

Hi Doc,

Just got back. I never thought one day I'd be in a real drag race. Terrified the sh!t out of me on that first run. I'm glad I gave you all some entertainment! Sorry to hear you lost a cylinder, hope it's nothing serious.

Guest docter fox

how did your last couple of runs go? I'm going to have a look at it tomorrow as I'm still feeling a bit tired (I've been off ill all week so the cold got to me a bit)

I think I got the hang of the starts but the being overtaken in 3rd by a corsa wasn't much fun :(

PS. Bob, I forgot to take a pump so all tyres were around 25 ;)

Chris Paddon and I got to race head to head 3 or 4 times and our times got better with every run. I have got to get my back end sorted this winter (loads of axle tramp on take-off).

Guest docter fox

The first time I saw you go you had that much spin and with the wheels tramping you hardly moved so i thought something was going to give ;)

I got there a bit early and registered seperately and then found out that we'd put ourselves in different groups, didn't fancy being an odd number and going against that pick-up though :wub:

next season we'll be ready!

Guest docter fox

Reaction: .732 (perfect is .500, anything before is a false start)

60 foot: 2.570

1/8 ET: 10.635

1/8 MPH: 65.99

1/4 ET: 16.656

1/4 MPH: 80.12

thats with a 2 litre pinto with kent FR32 cam and standard carb, set up by me and dad in the garage and running crappy tyres :rolleyes:

the cameras in the bag in the car in the garage in the cold :wub:

Hi Guys

had a fab day

sorry to hear about the bust piston foxy

on my last run I managed to pull a 16.2!!!!!!

this was from my unmodified 2lt pinto with normal tyres

here's the low down

reaction 0.88

60 ft 2.22

1/8 10.2 @ 65.8 mph

1/4 16.2 @ 80.1 mph

post-11-1128930398.jpg

Guest docter fox

well played chris! he was definately getting some very good starts throughout the day! here is a video of you going against steve :) what gear were you crossing the line in on the 16.2 run?

unfortunately the video of red7's first go was taken from to far away for the camera to clearly see what happened :( so in short.. he stalled on the startline and after a few embarassing seconds trying to get going, he had that much wheelspin he didn't move for a second or so with his live axle tramping all over the place :lol: it was very funny at the time but I guess you had to be there :rolleyes:

Hi James

After a bit of coaching I was changing gear at about 5500 revs which put me into 4th by the time I crossed the line.

If the track hadn't been so dirty at the start I'm sure we would have been able to get sub 16 seconds.... roll on next time :D

cheers

Chris

Doc Fox,

Thank you for the video footage. I think it shows a couple of things.

1/ I was asleep when the lights changed!

2/ I lost loads of time due to wheel spin.

3/ You can see the moment the wheels grip, the back end drops and the car accelerates.

Note for the next time to me.

1/ Go to bed before 1 a.m.

2/ Don't accept the nightcap glass of brandy

3/ Change the Colway remoulds

4/ Sort the live rear axle out.

Good laugh tho.

Anyway thanks for the video, here is a nice gift for you, hope you like it.

I'll send you the hi-res file.

Looking forward to next season, let's make a club day of it.

post-11-1128965500.jpg

Guest docter fox

Thanks for the pic, look forward to the High res copy but it'll probably just show how much I need to clean it :lol:

I'm now running on all 4 cylinders and tomorrow I aim to be practising some of those starts :D