Lightweight Sva

Guest ReadingTrev

• Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Please don't take this thread down by this kind of talk. Trev has made everything clear, and currently RHSC as we know it are working to prove the chassis. Guilty until proven innocent, yet you are all jumping down RHSC without knowing what they are doing. For all you know they might of sent of test reports/pic/chassis or anything to VOSA etc - BUT these things DO NOT HAPPEN OVERNIGHT. I suggest that we just calm down and give RHSC to do something...

Guest kitcarman
Please don't take this thread down by this kind of talk....

Hi Trev,

Firstly, thanks for sending me a link to this thread.

Secondly, please accept my most sincere sympathy.

I agree with the Rat. Keep things calm and businesslike. I'm hopeful that there shall be an amicable solution worked out between Trev, RHSC and VOSA which will benefit everybody and can form the basis of an article featuring Trevor's rather tidy lightweight being built, right to the point of a successful registration.

Den.

Guest ReadingTrev

I am going on holiday from now until Wednesday 30th August.

So far I have been proud of all the comments from all of us, we have been able to have a discussion on a serious matter without getting heated or making accusations towards the factory.

While I am away I would ask people to keep the pressure up on the factory for an outcome on our matter, and only to post the facts of the situation on here. So far we have the moral high ground on this, I know its difficult, but save your personal thoughts on the matter for another time, for now we all need a resolution.

I have been warned by my other half not to mention the lightweight or go near a PC for the holiday (!), so things will go quiet from me for the week and a half.

Lets hope that by the time I’m back this situation has moved forward towards a conclusion.

Thanks again,

Trev.

Guest Jonny Norn Iron

Trev

This must be gutting and frustrating. If it were me, I'd be hopping mad.

But the facts are (as you say) the most important thing. RHSC had good reason to make claims regarding SVA; they built one, tested it and it passed.

However now one has failed and there is a risk of all failing into the future. So clearly it would be RHSC's interests to provide all the help they can in resolving this with VOSA. They will doubtless be tracking the comments here and will clearly see both strength of feeling and their interest in sorting things out. It would probably be helpful if they could make some further statement indicating, even if in only very general terms, that they are doing this.

In the interim - again if it were me - I would be looking at what can be done to resolve the SVA failure points directly. Even being optimistic it may take many months for VOSA/RHSC to sort things out between them.

The idea of involving Kit Car is unrealistic I'm afraid. The biggest manufacturer and a major source of advertising revenue? I hardly think we're going to see a major consumer supporting campaign - can you?

Not unless ...... we can persuade 'Dud Tenner' that he has a childish personal vendetta against the owners! (ONLY KIDDING!!!!!) :D :D :D .

Enjoy your holiday Trev, hopefully things will look better when you get back. I'm sure the wizards on this site will be able to help with complete, safe, SVA fixes - probably involving chicken wire, chewing gum and old bootlaces.

Guest lightweightian

I am also building a lightweight and am worries about this state of affairs...

i have tried to phone RH every day lasst week with no joy and now there is not even an option to leave a message...

i will keep on calling to speak to ian rowley to try and get some infomation on the curren situation.

if i get no reply i will be working in the area on thursday and will "pop" in and try and talk to someone..

any info i get will be posted here first, but i am not hopefull that i will get to speak to anyone in control.

at the moment i am not going to work on the lightweight until this situation has been resolved

i am not a happy hoodie :(

ian

Guest locostv8

I know nothing of the problem but maybe a bit of a push from this side of the pond will help. Coveland, the US distributor for the LW, was sent this Email. Hope it might expedite some support from RH.

jh

Sirs

With our litigious society as regards product

Liability I would like to pass on a couple of threads that could affect

your business. Everything I have seen on forums has indicated

very good products and I am quite impressed with your quality and good

name. In the not too distant future I will be in need of some

custom fenders and bodywork and your company comes highly

recommended. I would like to pass on these URLS re. RH LW

http://community.rhocar.org/index.php?show...12786&st=15

http://www.locostbuilders.co.uk/viewthread...0113&page=1

http://locostusa.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=7815#7815

http://www.usa7s.com/forum/forum_posts.asp...amp;PID=993#993

Sincerely

Jim Hankins

Guest Stevebn2

I spoke with the Technical Manager of RHSC (Richard Hall) today, and he said that "something was in hand".

I suggested that they should revise their (RHSC) last statement posted, as it gives the impression that they are being complacent.

Nature abhors a vacuum!