Lightweight Sva

Guest ReadingTrev

It seems perfectly logical to ne to have a mobile as a tech line. If Richard is the only/best one to answer tech questions, why keep reroughting calls to where he is. I have a similar situation at work, there is a phone on my desk (infact there is one on both of my desks) but as the person ringing me dosn't know where I am they ring my mobile, I turn it of when on holiday,

• Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah I noticed that too. I tried to PM but their PM has been 'disabled'? I was thinking that this is a little similar to the situation where the Queen apparently refused to comment for ages over the death of Diana! The longer the lack of acknowledgement took the more hostile the masses became! I know RHSC have made a short 'statement' but we've all read that now and it's time for an update. I would have suggested in a PM that perhaps a quick post on this thread might be appropriate to keep the reassurance up but I can imagine that RHSC do not wish to be drawn into a difficult debate in this (monster) thread.

As stated previously, the RHSC account is ONLY for the use of posting NEWS and as such has no other facilities. RHSC have there own website and are quite capable of putting there own information up etc. This is a RHOCaR site, not a Robin Hood site, please remember that!

As stated previously, the RHSC account is ONLY for the use of posting NEWS and as such has no other facilities. RHSC have there own website and are quite capable of putting there own information up etc. This is a RHOCaR site, not a Robin Hood site, please remember that!

The point was that RHSC were reading the thread at the time...

It realy wouldn't heart them to put a not on there website or in the news on this one saying that they are doing someting, they don't have to go into detail do they.

Guest mark kingston

the best thing everyone can do is have a bit of patience and give both robinhood and the sva guys time to sort the problem .

after all this is not the first time we have had this sort of situation, we had it way back when the 2b was first lauched (curiously enough with the same sva test center). and i suspect this time it will be sorted just as it was back then.

right thats my two pence worth. now i best duck below the wall before the shots start firing at me.

:blink: :blink: :p :wacko: B)

Just had a interesting phone call with martin at nottingham sva centre and apart from the normal strenghing that you have to do ie seat belt mounts shocker mounts then the kit as it is does not need a steel chassis or box section adding it just needs common sense in building the kit but martin did say that if rhsc supplied the test data relating to seat belt mounts ie pull test then that will kill this thread dead

Guest stu205
but martin did say that if rhsc supplied the test data relating to seat belt mounts ie pull test then that will kill this thread dead

but most people (especialy new forum users with no specific Hood) seam to want to assume that this is NOT being done and jumping to conclusions, I agree that RHSC should be keeping Lightweight customers informed but you have to assume this mater is in hand and whilst there websit hoasting running out dosent exactly help maybe there more concerned about sorting the VOSA guys??

but most people (especialy new forum users with no specific Hood) seam to want to assume that this is NOT being done and jumping to conclusions, I agree that RHSC should be keeping Lightweight customers informed but you have to assume this mater is in hand and whilst there websit hoasting running out dosent exactly help maybe there more concerned about sorting the VOSA guys??

Hi there,

Jumping in this debate at the deepend, I have to dissagree with Stu and say that according to their profiles, most on here seem to be owners.

Soz Stu - but I might as well come out of the closet now & admit that I don't own a Hood :ph34r: i've time for any kit car though & don't have any heirs n graces, just a humble Jago :wub: I've met some of your members recently at a pub meet up in Leeds & found them all to be nice people - its therefore upsetting to see fellow enthusiasts having trouble of this sort in an industry that has unfortunately seen many a customer left out in the cold by an unscrupilous manufacturer.

From the sidelines i'd always been under the impression that Robin Hood had been above board (and hope they prove to be in the coming weeks) given their success as a manufacturer over 20 years or so.

From being a kit car fan since a kid in the early '80s myself & reading articles in magazines during that time of manufacturers going bust etc., and leaving customers with nothing to show for their outlay, the only sensible bit of advice I can offer is to get some :mellow: Either approach citizens advice or go to a solicitors surgury and tell them your situation. Hopefully, Robin Hood will resolve the matter as we all want them to - but so far the signs aren't too good with the lack of communication, website going down and cancelling their stand at Harrogate (i'm told they did so please forgive me if i'm wrong :unsure: ).

Other than that best of luck & I hope to see your SVAed lightweights at a kit car gathering soon.

Swizz...Club Sec' Jago Owners Club.