Lightweight Sva

Guest ReadingTrev

• Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They have no credit left so be very surprised if they can get supply....

:)

"They " are no longer running the business, it's now being run by the administrator, who will decide, Is there a good chance of selling "it" on as a going concern, or not?

If there is a good chance that it can be sold on, then the company is bank-rolled for a very limited amount of time by the administrator, and all deals are usually done on a "pay on delivery" basis. so there is no problem in RHSC (as a company in receivership) still being able to get supplies. The only problem is, if that supplier is owed money by the pre-receivership RHSC, then it's up to him just how much he's stinging as to if he chucks the dummy out, and tells them where to go or not!

Guest salty_monk

That makes sense.... I wonder how long the administrator will be in for before it gets sorted one way or the other. Anyone know how long the process takes, probably very variable.

If Gaz have got any brains... they'll know peops will be forced to go elsewhere for them anyway so will keep away until it's all sorted... It's what I would do anyhow. :)

Hope it gets "fixed", hoodies are normally good at fixing stuff, bit more than a welding torch an angle grinder & a tape reqd for this one though :lol:

Actually a supplier that "throws the teddy out" is cutting his own nose off to spite his face, because what he does now is get paid up front, when the delivery is made, or even with the order, not delivering until the cheque has cleared etc. the biggest problem for a small supplier, is how much he's owed by the company in liquidation, if it's that much that his "cash flow" ceases, then he can also go to the wall as well.

Guest old_timbo

I spoke to Richard (technical) at RHSC today. They are now offering AVO's instead of GAZ. He feels thay are better quality due to the one piece body. A pair for a rear coil over upgrade and the other parts I require should be ready for me to collect next week.

Obviously lots of things happening with them at the moment - sounds positive, official anouncement still promised when all finalised. If you want the real story give them a call and find out from the "horses mouth". They are quite open about things.

If they've got what you need, lets help them by turning stock into cash.

Guest Battery Bill

Tim

I made a "from the horses mouth" statement a while ago and it was not quite what your "Horses Mouth" was saying!

I personally would not trust anything coming from the RHSC stables at this moment in time :rolleyes:

So far all I have heard is them slagging off builders and calling potential buyers "Liars" :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Sorry to be so negative but thats the way the new owners have made me feel :ph34r: :ph34r:

Guest salty_monk

Sure they are desperately trying to make the best of a bad situation....

The information flow could have been better, as could some of the few statements we have had & they could probably have done without ex employee comments etc.

One of the major automotive interior & other parts suppliers went into administration a while back, Chrylser, Ford, GM etc had to prop them up by 112 million dollars or there production lines would have stopped.... They also secured annual price increases of over 2 billion dollars... Doubt RH are that lucky :D

Guest carl leonard

I'm sure they will be show casing their entire range at Donnington this weekend, so those of you attending will have plenty of time to ask those very important questions.

Good luck

Carl.

Here is an interesting post from locost builders...basically what some of us have been saying all along...just beef it up a bit:

whilst i was on the phone to nots sva the other day rf my indy i askeed the questionm, they have no probs passing them as long as they have been beefed up in the corret areas, seat belt eyes all joins pva'ed and correct use of bolts etc.

if is dosnt look good enough make it stronger plate its etc etc etc was the answer i got

I don't think the Lightweight is dead just yet, but for sure will end up a little less light.

Huge simpathy for ReadingTrev and in his position i may well have taken the offer, especially as you can't sue a broke company.

A lot of talk about the seatbelt mounts but was this it or was there much more on the fail list about inherent structural weekness, i would like to see a copy of the fail notice.

Guest lightweightian
I don't think the Lightweight is dead just yet, but for sure will end up a little less light.

Huge simpathy for ReadingTrev and in his position i may well have taken the offer, especially as you can't sue a broke company.

A lot of talk about the seatbelt mounts but was this it or was there much more on the fail list about inherent structural weekness, i would like to see a copy of the fail notice.

FAILURE SECTION 15.1

When driven, the safe control of the vehicle is or is likely to be impaired due to design or construction feature or characteristic (Monocoque has absence of structural box section in construction)

FAILURE SECTION 15.1

The vehicle structure is of inadequate strength and likely to fail prematurely. (vehicle construction not considered to withstand forces and vibration to which it is likely to be subjected to.)

Guest Tim Norman

I 'a m going to write to VOSA to ask for a copy of the memo that they have re the Lightweight and to try and get a clue as to what to do to make it pass. If anyone has an address and name I can send it to that would be marvelous.