Warped Discs

Jon Green

Hi all,

I've been driven my 2b for over 4K now and the front discs have been fine, then all of a sudden there warped! I've not changed my driving style, so why has it happened? They are the vented type that I got from RHSC with my overhaul kit when I purchased my kit.

Is it a sign that my calipers are on their way out.... I've had the wheels off and checked all is well... nothing else appears to be wrong... Any thoughts?

Cheers,

Jon

Guest golfgtidarren
Hi all,

I've been driven my 2b for over 4K now and the front discs have been fine, then all of a sudden there warped! I've not changed my driving style, so why has it happened? They are the vented type that I got from RHSC with my overhaul kit when I purchased my kit.

Is it a sign that my calipers are on their way out.... I've had the wheels off and checked all is well... nothing else appears to be wrong... Any thoughts?

Cheers,

Jon

If you are running after market discs this is quite a known problem on all ford vented discs. If however you are running Genuine parts then im very surprised :mellow:

Hope that helps

ps Genuine ones are really cheap from main dealers and they will offer you a Trade discount if you ask for it

Darren

I agree, I've had 2 sets go knackered on me, 1 set went whilst in France at Le-mans (1999 or thereabouts!) they were that bad I had to buy another set there, and the bloody Forgs must make them out of Gold or something, the price they were!! :o

Thanks for the replies.

The discs i'm on are most likely the cheapest in the world knowing RHE buying practices. I will buy some from Mr Ford very soon as the vibration back through the steering wheel isn't that pleasant, especially under light braking.

Any Idea on the price of genuine discs?

Jon

Guest golfgtidarren
Thanks for the replies.

The discs i'm on are most likely the cheapest in the world knowing RHE buying practices. I will buy some from Mr Ford very soon as the vibration back through the steering wheel isn't that pleasant, especially under light braking.

Any Idea on the price of genuine discs?

Jon

should pay no more than £4o the pair

Jon, as Longboarder says, check all the bolts are still tight on the front first, i had a top wishbone bolt work loose which could give the same effect, also check the wheel bearings.and the dreaded bottom balljoint :ph34r:

I have RH disks on mine and im upto 17k with them, no wear just a small grove where it picked up a stone.

Mitch

Good avdice!

As soon as I noticed the vibration I checked round all the front suspension, took the discs and calipers off and checked all was sitting correctly... no rust stopping the discs sitting flat etc. put it all back together in the hope that the vibration may have disappeared but no. Warped disc's was my conclusion.

Jon