Aol Users

Mat-Moo

Just to throw a spanner in the works, I was telling the guys at work about the crap broadband from Talktalk, and one of them said that AOL and Talktalk had gone into partnership or similar. If that's so, God help anyone on AOL! :(

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest peter2b2002

Yes it is an AOL problem iv'been onto thier help line, did this did that still can't use a link from the Rhocar site just takes me to thier search page, am using IE to access Rhocar. hope they fix this problem as i have just singed up for thier broadband

pete2b

pete cancel it!!!!!, its okay when it works, but its a apain in the arse when it doesnt, Indian helpline doesnt help, they just go through the motions,

its all scripted replies,

"i can understand how this is important to you"

"i can see why this is a problem"

"I will be with you in a moment"(when i answer the other 6 people im currently helping)then

try this, oh, try this then, no oh try this, 3 hrs later its solved by RHOCAR members.

Just been looking at various suppliers, come on whos best-cheapest

Mitch

Guest ScotMac
pete cancel it!!!!!, its okay when it works, but its a apain in the arse when it doesnt, Indian helpline doesnt help, they just go through the motions,

its all scripted replies,

"i can understand how this is important to you"

"i can see why this is a problem"

"I will be with you in a moment"(when i answer the other 6 people im currently helping)then

try this, oh, try this then, no oh try this, 3 hrs later its solved by RHOCAR members.

Just been looking at various suppliers, come on whos best-cheapest

Mitch

Yes, that has always been the problem w/ AOL tech support. They are only setup to handle the simple things, like you can't log on, and it is impossible to get them to forward your call to someone technical.

They also have the problem that they try to route you through their website for everything...ie, you view the internet w/ an AOL tint. Since they switched to a broadband style, this "aol tint" has become completely procedural...hence your ability to use IExplore, instead of the AOL tint. In fact, i would suggest you get off the AOL thing, and always use IE (or firefox or opera). The AOL pages are just a crutch that you don't need.

-sm

Guest manglemender

Sorry to hear so many woes from AOL users but not at all surprised. I bet if you did a survey of programmers and IT workers, the number using AOL would be approavhing zero %.

I'm moving house next week and will be looking for a broadband connection so I'm looking forward to hearing about worthwhile services; I can tell you definately that I wont be using AOL or Talk Talk.

Nick

Guest peter2b2002
Sorry to hear so many woes from AOL users but not at all surprised. I bet if you did a survey of programmers and IT workers, the number using AOL would be approavhing zero %.

I'm moving house next week and will be looking for a broadband connection so I'm looking forward to hearing about worthwhile services; I can tell you definately that I wont be using AOL or Talk Talk.

Nick

any know of a good broadband suplier, i have a windows xp laptop wireless adapter, currently i pay 15.99 for dial up dont use the web mutch 1-2 hours a day, just looking for a cheeper connection, the aol offer was 14.99 +free router

pete2b

Well I'm now back on Blueyonder, I did have a problem there whilst changing over, I couldn't get it to do it, (couldn't get a 13mm spanner on it!) so contacted "my" helpline, and everything is now working fine! :wub:

"my" = Mutley!

Guest golfgtidarren
I've got two other peeps who are having problems with accessing this site, both on AOL. Do we have any AOL users there that it is working fine on?

Im on AOL

If you are on broadband AOL just click on Internet explorer on your desk top and log in to the site that way

You will find that some other sites need explorer to work like banks etc

On another note -- Are you AOL users aware that the carphone Warehouse now owns AOL uk :(

Guest hypermick

I used AOL in the very early days, but changed to BT Broadband when it first came out.

Been with it since and even though we don't get the fastest speeds (due to where we live so BT say), nor is it by far the cheapest,. its 99.9% reliable, always connects.

My neighbour across the road has TalkTalk and has had nothing but hassle since moving from BT. Last week their phone was off for 6 days, not just the broadband either,. the whole thing went down. He's asking them to refund all his mobile usage for that period since they had no alternatives.

Mick