Aol Users

Mat-Moo

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

guess which plonker has just got on the site and sent mat a mail about an aol problem :wub: :wub: :wub:

Thought i was being helpful, ttok me three nights to work out that the site was okay and that i could use explorer to log on :wub: :wub:

• 2 weeks later...

After everything thats been said on this site over the past few years about AOL, I can not believe anyone is still using them!! :o :huh:

As someone said above very few in the IT industry (including some who work for AOL) use AOL as an ISP!!

In the past I have used Zen Internet (based in Rochdale for us up North) Zen Internet Link.

Am now using Pipex without a problem Pipex Link.

Both of these suppliers have never let me down with almost 100% availability and good access speeds. They are not ceccessarily the cheapest, but you pays your money and takes your choice.

Having worked for an ISP in the past it was not at all unusual for a trace between two of our servers based in the same room in the same building to be routed via the USA and usually via somewhere on the western seaboard.

For independent advice on ISP try this link The 'ADSL Guide' Website.

Hope this helps

Nishka :ph34r:

Hi Nishka

Im contracted in till December, ive been with them since i got a pc, never really had any problems that wasnt quickly solved, apart from this one, still wont work correctly all the time.

I was looking at a phone line-bb package, cant have NTL as theres no cable in my road, so its back to BT or PiPex, will be looking into them more in the next couple of weeks when i start ringing AOL to tell them im leaving andto get the pac code, (or whatever you call it)

Then all i have to do is wipe all traces of AOL from my PC :ph34r: , so if i suddenly disapear around mid dec, dont panic, i have one very poorly PC :o

Thanks for the link its a useful tool fro comparing ISP's

Also try

http://www.moneysupermarket.com/broadband/

for price comparisions for anything, just change my house insurance through this site and went to Barcleys, match my price, give my 50 quid back and dont charge for paying by DD, which is another 20 quid saving

HTH

Mitch

Then all i have to do is wipe all traces of AOL from my PC :ph34r: , so if i suddenly disapear around mid dec, dont panic, i have one very poorly PC :o

Let us know when you do, so we can wish you a happy easter :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Guest Andrew M

If you are looking for a good broad band supplier and one that is cheap and you have a Sky dish then you can get free broadband from them, the only problem is that it is not all over the country yet and they insist that you use BT tails (you have a BT phone line and you are a BT customer), or you could always use orangeworld (I am with them at the moment and I know other people on it and they have never had a problem once it has been set up).